Monday, September 10, 2007


"Tropical Dream" 2007 Spring Bay Studio
This is another piece that I worked on off and on for the last couple weeks while I was literally trying to get my feet under me...the fun thing was rediscovering some pieces of paper that I carefully buried in a box near my work table in the studio. I'd bought a pak of shaped pieces some time back, but they didn't really do anything for me till recently. I'm glad I "found" them the other afternoon.
We were really waiting for the Tropical Storm to come roaring up the coastline yesterday..but all we got were a couple sprinkles and some wind that maybe was 15 miles an hour..nothing like the 40 that was predicted. We were also suppossed to have up to 3 inches of rain, but if we got .309 tenths of an inch I'd be suprised -- no, I don't think that's actually a number over there, but it looks kinda official..
I've got to get some fabric this afternoon while there's still a sale at the fabric store. I was all set to go yesterday, but never made it. I think the "storm" was keeping The Husband from getting off the couch and driving down the road. Right now he's off down the interstate delievering little girl dresses for a department store chain...I won't say which one, but suffice to say, that these dresses were made for about $1.25 and they sell for Over $50.00 -- No -- as truckers he and some of the other drivers don't get more than $4.00 for the delivery...some guy in an office gets the mark-up...But...The Husband did say that they are awfully cute for little girls. I'm just glad we had all boys..I couldn't stand all the noise a girl would have made in our house...3 boys was bad enuf...
Anyway -- I also discovered some VERY bright papers that I also got on sale...my little pea brain is contemplating a way to get those into another piece this week. Somewhere down the Highway I know something will pop in my head...humm...
Lady of The Tulips ~~ Who has to decide whether or not to buy some more paints or to buy some other stamps while there's a sale over at a Grand Opening Sale for a place down the road...Yikes...my nerves are fraying over this one...

2 comments:

PennyBlue said...

Great New Piece! Girls are not so much noisy as they are messy, believe me I know. Paints or stamps...hmmm...tough choice. I say paints! Make your own stamps.
Oh and so glad to see you back in blogging world! Hugs from bj!

LadyTulip said...

** Thanx for the welcome back!! **

I've got those blues of deciding on WHICH paints now...Got stamps I haven;'t even used, so I'll take your advice! Onward to the paints!!

L.