Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Self Titled" 2007 -- Spring Bay Studio

I worked this out the other evening while sitting at the dining room table waiting for the youngest to get dinner finished. At the same time, The Husband was just home from work and was layin' on the couch, watching a movie on one of the independent film channels. The film, which technically was a documentary, was about the train that took the Grateful Dead, The Band, Janis Joplin and various others, across Canada to do a concert somewhere, but I'm not sure exactly. Anyway, with the music blasting out of the stereo, The Husband shouting over the music "HEAAHH!! YA HEAR THAT??!!" ~~ Somehow I was able to sketch out these little guyz...I've no idea where they came from...what made me sketch them At All ~~ But they were an awful lot of fun to make!! An', well, yeah, the music probably had a lot to do with the whole thing. After I got done, the youngest comes over to where I'm sitting at the dining room table an' sez, "What're doin?" Took one look at this an' said, "..hmmm..." I'm still not sure what THAT meant..

I got a couple things drawn up yesterday, and by this evening I hope to have my newest piece layed out!! It's taken me what seems like forever, but it finally came together. I was gonna pop it on here yesterday, but the youngest got off work earlier than I thot he would, and promptly overtook the computer. So much for getting pictures done on here...I Did Have The Best Intentions, tho. Just couldn't do anything about them!! I also discovered a 1/2 off coupon at one of the area Art & Craft stores, so tomorrow I'm off to get some dried leaves and other dried flowers. I've come with an idea for one of the projects that's waiting for just the right little something, an' I think I know what it needs. Something along the line of "real" seaweed. No -- I'm not gonna go over to the shoreline an' try to dry seaweed, but I think I can find "seaweed" at the craft store...detail will follow...I think...

Got the largest Basil plants dug outta the garden, and now all the leaves and stems are somewhat dry in the studio. In the morning I'm gonna dry all of it, an' get it into some canning jars or freezer boxes...whichever is on sale. An' since there is one of the various "Dollar" stores a few blocks away,AND THEY HAVE A SALE...what can I say? The store opens at 9:00 in the morning...I should be there by 9:15...

Lady of The Tulips ~~ who can hear The Dog...an' it doesn't sound just right...I think she's up to something, and it's giving me that uneasy feeling...

5 comments:

PennyBlue said...

OH I LOVE the colors in this one! And BTW, I think it's YOU who makes the dog uneasy! lol

LadyTulip said...

>> Glad you enjoy this little fun piece.

An' as for The Dog -- well, she does the strangest things so I don't know Who makes Who uneasy!!


L.

Tanaya said...

This is so fun, bright and vibrant. It just jumps off the page. Great work! Tanaya

Ruth said...

Your little fishes Rock...just darlin' darlin'. Love the citrus background too...limey yummy.

LadyTulip said...

Thank You both tanaya an' Ruth -- I had fund playin' aroun' with this little piece...glad you enjoy it!!