Friday, March 12, 2010


>>

Ok, so it's a little blurry, but this is some kind of spider web, that's found a home in the bushes along the front porch of our little cabin ~ I'm not sure what kind of little critter "owns" this, but you can be sure, that it's not going to be disturbed in any way.

Not so much because it's the time of year when all the critters in the woods surrounding us are hatching, birthing and doing what-not, but it's also the fact that I've got no idea of just how BIG this spider or what EVAH it is...IS!! ~

I.E. ~ Better to be safe than sorry.......

And so starts the Spring here along the Shore ~ I've still got to go out and take some shots of the bulbs along the dirt road that are popping up ~ they all look so cheerful and make the recent warm weather just that much harder to take > 'cause in something like 2 days the weather is going to haul off and fall into the basement as far as temperatures are concerned ~ NOT what I wanted after we've been gettin' all cozy with it being near 65 for the past 4 days or so...Yup ~ I was gettin' spoiled ROTTEN by it all. And so, before I knew it, the weather personz were saying, "Well, one must realize that it is still technically Winter..."

Oh, Shut Up!!

How DARE they tell me that!! ~ Blast it all, I'm demanding that it STAY warm, and that Spring get here as soon as POSSIBLE ~ !! ~ And that's my final offer!!

But alas, it is ready to turn back into those winter-eey days, so I'm not sure if Ms. spider will have her home all snuggly like it's wanting to be - out there in those little bushes all lookin' nice.........

But what I can do tomorrow, is take some pictures ~ of 2 works that are happening over on the table ~ One is finished, and it didn't turn out too shabby, even if I don't mind sayin' so myself...and the other is a WIP ~ so it has some ways to go before it looks presentable. Or sorta better than it is at the moment..I'm trying to decide now if I want to use some watercolor pencils on some of my sketches, or just haul off and use some of the acrylics that are sitting in the storage spaces in the table...Decisions, decisions...What's a person to DO, I'm askin' ~ ?? ~

But that's about the news from here ~ We're havin' just about a frog strangler outside ..the rain is pourin' down like there's no tomorrow, and the puddles are gettin' bigger on the dirt road...pretty soon it's going to be one huge lake if it doesn't stop..the people who come from the paved part of the road, come nearly to a screachin' halt when they realize that this part of the road is dirt..gravel..an' lots and lots of sand...makes it a little dicey to go screaming down that little dirt stuff at 45 miles an hour...even tho the speed limit is 25...some people think that the signs are just a close approximation of what you can drive around here...then too, there's the "problem" of the road ending..and then you either go careening into the house at the end of the dirt road, or you can make a super sharp right hand turn...go careening down THAT part of the street...but again, if you don't slow down on THAT part..then you go down a little hill, and go SPLASHHING into the water.

Makes for a very soggy afternoon ~ Or morning.

Or whatever..

But I truly do have to go now...The Husband is now home, and is asking some sort of inane questions...wwhhhaaaa????...sometimes I really wonder about that guy..an' why is is that I'm the one who get's the weird questions thrown in MY direction..

There IS another person in the house...an' there's the dog, too..

Maybe I just need a nap!!


Lady of The Tulips

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.