Thursday, March 18, 2010


"There Was Nothing New To Discover" - 2009 ~ Spring Bay Studio

Here's one of the pieces that I'd mentioned working on the other day ~ I don't know where I've been since my last post ~ But I DID get this done..the color around the edge of the piece is painted over some texture "stuff" that I dug up from one of our storage cabinets. I won't tell what it is, but it is really cool to work with. I'm pretty jazzed about how this turned out, an' I'll probably use some more of the stuff on one or 2 other pieces.

And for the first time in what seems like for-EVAH ~ ! ~ I've got some really good news!! ~

I got accepted to one of the gallery's in the next town down Ocean Highway ~ I'd been reluctant to approach them, after some rather ugly experiences at a couple other places..like the one gallery where the manager took the edge of one of my pieces, and slammed the edge of the frame against the counter top...while she was ranting about something that I'd no idea about...

Or the other place, that took down some of my work without telling me, and shook the canvas so badly inside the frame, that it seperated it from it's mat....

Yeah..I've had some pretty scary stuff happen to me...So it's been some time since I felt like taking another chance..But I had a couple really good phone calls with the director of the gallery down the highway..and she had me come in and show her 3 of my pieces ~ She and the manager both really like my work, and all three pieces weren't just accepted, but they were hung up that same day!! ~

talk about a relief ~ ! ~ I'd been so leary, an' now for the first time in over a year, I'm feeling a little bit optimistic about selling my work ~ The manager said that since the prices I posted for my work isn't too over the top, it was felt that they should sell pretty fast ~ That's another SHWWOOO for me, I mean it really is something good to hear. I said that I wasn't into having things over priced, or try to be too over the top with what I do, so that's going to hopefully relate to the pieces selling..that's what I'm hoping for.

There are so many pieces of mine up at the other store in the city ~ And I have a feeling that they aren't going to sell up there at all, so it looks like I'll probably be driving up there this weekend and picking them up ~ There hasn't been any word to me from the manager of that location as to what the problem is with them - if there is a problem...so My gut instinct is to go retrieve them - Better safe than sorry...I'd hate for something to happen to the,m


Rushing like mad right now - noah is rushing me off of the computer - some game thing or whatever, so I jave to quick like a bunny get off of here...an' there was so much else to tell, but it's just going to have to wait till next time .

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: