Tuesday, March 09, 2010

So, last summer noah bought this cool antique chair ~ I think it
came from an old hotel that used to be somewhere near here..but do't quote me on that ~

But anyway ~ if you notice all the green and SUN in the background..well, we are finally starting to have some of that in the yard ~ Tho not as much as in this picture.

I think most of the early bulbs are finally up and tall enuf that they are sprouting some blooms ~ I'm planning on going outside later this morning and taking some pictures of them ~ I've got some new - well, new to me - bulbs that have decided to come up in the yard this spring ~ I really don't remember them last year ~ And I think we got here too late in the season when we moved in, to see them that first summer. But they look to be some kind of daffodil ~ Maybe jonquils, I'm not too sure ~ Very dainty and looking oh so sweet in the soil just under a big big tree that's next to the house. Tom, tho, was totally unimpressed with them ~ He's just not into them at all ~ He may LOOK at the flowers, but that is just about as far as his enthusiasm goes for them. Me, I get those blasted flower and bulb catalogs and want to spend $128.00 on just about everything that catches my eye.

But then there would be the problem of buying certain things that we probably need...

Like Food....

And paying the bills....

Darn it all ~ These BORING things get in my way of buying FLOWERS ~ ! ~ So, I'll take any kind that have volunteered themselves in the yard any day.

We're going to be getting WARMER here near the shore - I'm so @%$%&"@"^" tired of being chilly, it's not even funny ~ I'm not sure, but it feels like it's pretty warm already this morning, so that's a good sign ~ I had a good ride in the Bus yesterday (pictures of the progress on that coming along too..) while I went to the next town down Ocean Highway ~ Had to do the Weekly Grocery Shopping Thang ~ actually didn't do too bad ~ And w/double coupons (!) I saved close to $7.00 on the grocery total. Not too shabby.

Oh, I KNOW ~ There are some of you who save something so out there - like $40.00 with 230 coupons every time you go shopping...but lets face it ~ How many rolls of paper towels do 3 people REALLY NEED ~ ?? ~

I MEAN ~ Come on - so, no, I don't just grab coupons just because they save me some money..I only use the ones that will go with the grocery/food menus for the week, an' that's that.

Other wise, I'd have some crazy stuff in the cupboards like, boxes of 20 granola bars in "Assorted Flavors" ~ That would sit and turn to mush in 6 months...'cause I'm the only one who EATS those things, an' there are just SO MANY of them, that one person can eat, know what I mean??

So anyway -

I'm sketching this morning, and have 2 projects goin' at the same time ~ Flowers, Mermaids, Fishies and Other Assorted Things....

They will make their debut in the not too distant future ~ Jus' not now...the mermaid isn't quite dressed yet...I MEAN - I can't show her NAKED or something, now, can I ~ !!? ~

Heavens to Betsy....

But for now I gotta run..NO - Make that I gotta go over to the work table an' finish something that's drying as we sit an' have our 2nd cup of coffee... Actualy my 4th, but who's counting...

Old Truck Driver Habits of Having 5 cups of coffee die hard...Or they just run out an' start a new pot of coffee...HEE HEE..............


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Janet said...

I'm glad you're getting some good weather. I completely understand about the flower catalogs and wanting to spend $$$ on things other than food and bills. I'm that way with art supplies. If we didn't have to eat I could have so many more!

Enjoy your coffee and your day!

Darla said...

The chair! I believe I have a similar one up at the mountain house. It folds up and has dark green sort of plush or velvet seat and back. I got it at a thrift store about 30 years ago. Now I'm going to have to look it over and compare it to yours.

Darla