Friday, March 19, 2010


>> One of the sketches that I've been fiddling around with for what seems like for - EVAH - and is still WIP - but tha's ok, because when it DOES finally get done, it's going to look like something pretty cool. <<

The other part of this is some colored papers that are sitting around doing absolutely nothing, so the common sense approach is ~ DUH ~ use those along with some fibers that I'd totally forgot about...look, the box of them is on the other side of the work table, and how often do I get down on the floor, and purposely, I mean For REAL, get down on the floor to look at that stuiped box ~ ? ~ Yes, yes, yes, I KNOW that thing has a gazillion fibers, threads and yarn type things in it.

But come on > I will avoid that kind of strenous activity like skipping out on a lecture in a dull boring classroom - on the subject of Economics, mind you...like there's free beer in the next county over.

Which item is going to win out ~ Lecture? ~

Or free beer?

So, lets say that box is that stuiped lecture...ok...so - it's being avoided.

EXCEPT ~ when there is something in there that I suddenly realize I NEED ..like yesterday, and not today. Sooo..that's where some sparkly, sheer..thin and wide fibers are going to be put to work. And, even if I don't mind saying so ~~ there will probably be a touch of glitter thrown in for good measure.

An' this little girl will just gleam and shine like it's 4th of July in the U.S.A. ~ Even tho it's only march...

close enuf......

And on a brighter note..or even brighter note ** I'm close to getting The Husband convinced about taking me up to the city so I can retrieve my work in the shop where it's been held captive for these last few months. Every time I've called, I get the same sad answer..so I guess I'll have to make the trip up there and see about taking them out of the wall space. It makes me sad, 'cause I did really hope that they would sell, but There is just no real easy answer in this off the wall economy these days ~ People are dropping their prices on their art like it's the Basement Sale of The Year..an' still trying to make a living with their Art...an' not go to work at one of those horrid fast food restraunts..do they really get called a restraunt? ~ Well..anyway...that;s where it's at for now ~ An' I guess even tho I don't like making the trip, it's looking like it's a Have - To.

Blechk....

But for now I gotta go an' see what little miss Sara Beth is doing in the kitchen ~ She came in from laying out on the deck, when I thot that for real, she had to go do...uhmmm...her business. Ha! ~ Fooled me ~ She just went outside and laid on the deck and watched the people across the street move into their teeny little house.

Shows what Mother Knows...........sheesh...........


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Darla said...

I really like the sketch and will be anxious to see the finished work. Don't blame you for wanting to retrieve you paintings, hope you get to do that soon.

Darla

LadyTulip said...

Thanks ~ ! ~ Hopefully it's not going to go too badly!

Lauri