Friday, March 05, 2010

So here's a shot from the first summer we were here in the cabin - And these flowers are starting to over grow their space in the flower bed next to the deck >>And that's the question I've got for this spring ~


Do I go ahead and transplant these now > And more importantly, is it time to transplant these? ~ I can't remember which time of year
it is that I can move these ~ Noah's all bizzy with working on
some other plants around the yard, and cleaning up the
beds around the front of the yard. So that leaves me with the
question of what to do with these ~ They have a tendancy
to grow all OVAH during the summer ~ But their advantage is that they can look so wonderful for so much of the season > I wish tho, that they had some fragrance to them >


So - that's my dilemna (or however it's spelled..) for now. And it's really hard to think about planting right now, too ~ It's trying so very hard to warm up today ~ And once the sun comes out from behind a little cloud, BOOM ~ another one comes zinging along, blocking out the sun again.


So it makes the feeling of spring rather distant..'cept when I can get a teeny bit of sun to hit me jjuuuuust right, and be out of the wind..ahhh...then it's WONDERFUL!!


So, that's all the news - as it were - from here - The wind is going to fall off tomorrow - and tom sez we need to go to the coffee shop in the morning after we get Sara Beth her medication at the Vet Hosp. - then we may just take in the latest displays at the Museum in the next town over. It's right across from the water, which is really great - makes it nice to walk across the street, an' watch the sea birds, see what kind of sail boats have come into the harbor, and generally do NOTHING for the day ~ !~ Yay! That's my kind of day!!



Lady ofThe Tulips

2 comments:

Janet said...

I can't help you with your gardening questions because I don't know much about it....I can say the flowers are beautiful. I think yellow flowers always look so cheerful and happy.

LadyTulip said...

Aren't they just able to make you feel good, even after a lousy day ? ! These were all planted by the original owners, so they are getting rather rambunctious!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a Great Weekend!

Lauri