Tuesday, March 23, 2010

This is what the original sketch looked like - the one that became the flower with the mermaid sitting cheerfully on top.


There was something of a NEW idea the next day after I made this sketch, and it just sort of took on a new life of it's own. Now it's drying over on the work table, and there are some new fabrics, beads and fibers all ready to go along with the little mermaid. I have no idea of where any of this came from, but that's ok, 'cause it may be because Spring has officially arrived!!


Not that the weather has cooperated in any way ~ Well, it did for something like 2 days, then decided that it was just too darn nice, so it hauled off and turned cold, rainy and really windy. Wind is the worse thing for the Bus - just shakes it all over the road, and gives me sweaty hands when I'm trying to go down the road. I'm not too sure of people and their reaction to the Bus, so I'd rather not take a chance of getting blown off the road and end up upside down in a drainage ditch, with the little Bus wheels poking up in the air.


So I took the Very Fine Automobile to the grocery store today instead. And even THAT got blown around..so Winter is still making itself known around the Shore.

I'd hoped that it'd be more sunny today so I could get a shot of the Tulip (!!) tree out front of the cabin
- it's just starting to get it's blooms and it looks so sweet now - very much like it SHOULD look for early spring..along with some daffodils.

But that will wait to tomorrow...an' now I gotta go cause Noah wants on here...and got me all sidetracked.

I was going to talk about the store that lost some of my art..but it literally gives me a sudden headache, so I won't.

I'll just stay POSITIVE toward the new gallery, and SALES that I KNOW will happen.

There!!

And with that I gotta go~~


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Darla said...

<<< upside down in a drainage ditch, with the little Bus wheels poking up in the air >>>

The mental image made me laugh. Glad you decided not to chance driving in the wind tho.

Darla

LadyTulip said...

Glad you got a chuckle!! ~ It would look funny, tho, don't you think? However, I suppose the Insurance Company would frown like all get out!!

Lauri