Thursday, May 27, 2010


"Fish Right Here" - 2010 - Spring Bay Studio ~

I KNOW I've been chattering and making all kinds of noise about some of the work that has been over on the little table..so now I decided that it's time to SHOW that yes, I DO actually have something to SHOW YOU for all that noise...

I did a clever little trick..an' it makes me feel like such a dumb cluck...

I'd wanted some fabric pieces for what seems like for-EVAH..but at over $8.00 a yard, it just didn't seem like that kind of purchase was gonna happen any time soon..'specially since I need close to 10 or more yards of different shades of blue, green, prints, batiks...

You get the idea --

So, I decided to use small pieces of paper that have a similar print or color to them, and used THEM to have as background color -And save myself a WHOLE LOTTA $$$ -- An' like I said, I felt like such a dumb cluck when it dawned on me that I could do the colors this way, than buying all that fabric.

Even tho buying fabric can be so much fun...an' looking online at all that eye-candy..yuummm...some fabu prints that make me want to hop on a plane an' go off to some far-far away island..batiks that just seem to melt into the Sea..

So I went cheap instead. -- my conscience feels much better too - now I don't have to stand and stare at the dining room floor, while I TRY to explain to The Husband why I spent $56.00 on FABRIC..for cryin' out loud...

Otherwise you'd hear his VERY loud noise, I'm jus' about sure.

Man, can that guy QUACK...

But anyway - tomorrow I'll show the other piece that's all Beachy an' swimming-ly nifty...That's all the hints about THAT piece that you're gonna get from me this afternoon.

Besides I'm about flat wore out from drivin' Noah all over creation and BACK today - I've logged over 20 miles in less than 2 hours - goin' from one place to another, and back again - and no, I have nothing to show for it one little bit.

'Cept a headache tryin' to come along..an' some nerves that are just about at the twiingy stage..I feel sorry if some jerk from some corporation decides to try an' tell me some line of #% right now..he's really going to regret making that phone call, 'cause I'm hot, tired, an' altogether cranky.

Must be time to lay down, have a glass of nice ice tea (herbal fruit blend w/ honey...devine!!) an' do NOTHING ~ !! ~

So, yup - tha's exactly what I'm gonna go do!!

I'm Gone ~


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Darla said...

Oh boy, I love it. I think the papers worked real well. You know me tho, I'm all about scraps of paper, LOL!

Darla

LadyTulip said...

I have this feeling, that with all the little file folders and envelopes of scrap pieces of paper..that one day they'll all fall out of their storage area and bury me in my studio when I least expect it ~ !! ~ LOL ~ !! ~

Aren't they the most fun thing EVAH??

Lauri