Monday, May 31, 2010

~~ Here's a quick wish for everyone in the U.S. - A very Happy and safe Memorial Day to you ~ !! ~

We are mostly basically and for real doing absolutely nothing today - well, 'cept some laundry, but that doesn't seem to count as "work" around the house - I had considered doing something like running the vacuum cleaner, but decided not to - what with the humidity hovering up near 70% and it not being 11 in the morning, I just couldn't justify gettin' all damp an' cranky messin' with the carpet ~ ! ~

So it's doin' some sketching with my little pencils, filling in some color with watercolor pencils on a piece on the work table, and then maybe cutting some papers for use in another project that's in the works too. The heat is lingering just a bit - near 90 something in the next few hours...with that in the back of my mind, it may just be time to kick up the air conditioner this afternoon...seems like a good idea, yes? I don't like to see the electric bill after a few days of this heat & humidity, but I also really don't like to be uncomfortable in my own house ~ !! ~

So we'll watch our pennies for the next few days, so we'll be able to pay that electric bill...an' drink some nice herbal ice tea (blueberry today!) an' watch all the weekenders zip around the neighborhood...they all drive so fast, an' on this teeny little dirt road, I'm waiting for somebody to go sliding off the side of the road into the ditch - either that, or they'll zing onto the opposite road, go flying off of that past the stop sign, and go splashing in the water at the bottom of the little hill...that's gonna be an expensive "My Bad" ~ !! ~

'course not drinkin' an' drivin' always helps too, but whatta I know??

but for now I gotta go hang up laundry..perfect weather to dry everything in a flash!!

I'm Gone...........

No comments: