Wednesday, May 26, 2010


I'm not sure if the brickwork shows up or not, but there are some right at the end of the gravel pathway that the original owners put in some years back.

What I wish I could see, across the dirt road, is whether or not the nest for the thrasher is there, or in one of the little bushes to the right of this gravel path.

I noticed the birds last week..and they were ever so busy, taking teeny branches from underneath the trees, and some of the dried grass from where Noah mowed the lawn..so busy, so busy. And it looked like they were building a nest in our yard...but wait.

Then it looked like they were starting to do something across the dirt road.

Can they have 2?

Is one in fact, their vacation home for the summer??

Anyway...........

This time of year brings the weekenders down to the Shore..some of the little cabins are starting to get new life, now that the "First" weekend of summer is nearly here. Some of the places haven't looked this good since last year..an' some of them may as well just start over...like, they've not had anything done with them in WAY longer than a year.

But still, the weekenders come, and enjoy their time away from wherever they live. I just ride my bike around the neighborhood and feel good that there are people who haven't given up on the little area. Some have sold their weekend homes, an' it looks sad, some of them all empty, an' looking neglected - seems like a waste of a perfectly good home to me.

But with the odd-ball economic times that we have right now, there's no telling what will happen to a little area like we have here. Surrounded by old, old farms, with crops growing...

And then there's the area where we live...with some shoreline homes in the millions of dollars...then way, way, down the socio-economic ladder to a little cabin like ours.

A vast difference between spots, but it all seems to work out.

But I still wonder about the little birds in the yard...and hope that the neighbors cat doesn't decide to make dinner out of either one of them. That would make me so terribly sad. Besides, I like to hear the birds with their faint, gentle singing to each other, while they search around the cabin, for worms, bugs, and whatever else they eat.

And I like having neighbors who don't cause problems!!

But now noah is in the house, and making quite a lot of racket out in the kitchen...great mercy, I better go see what all this is about...

I'm Gone ~~


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

turquoise cro said...

How I WISH I could come skipping down that path right to your cabin door!!! HOPE the cat doesn't get those sweet birdies! OH, I envy your biking, I keep my eyes peeled for a new one someday!or maybe a great used one! BIKE ON!!Girly!

LadyTulip said...

Oh Cinda - ! - you can come skipping down our garden path any darn time you want - ! - An' you know what - that bike of mine was $35, so I bet if you hunt around in thrift stores, or junk stores, you can find one like I did - ! - Then we can go on a bike ride together - !! -

Lauri