Friday, May 28, 2010

"Fish Where They Swim" - 2010 -


Spring Bay Studio


Here's the other piece that I mentioned yesterday - It has a little more color with it - can you see the glitter that I sprinkled around and all about it?

I had fun with this, and Tom wondered just what got into me when he saw me cutting these little fish one afternoon - I'd thot about telling him that I was cutting up fish...but then he'd probably think that I'd gone fishing, but that wasn't the case. I mean, I'd LOVE to go fishing, but since we haven't finished paying the yearly fees for our property assessments, I can't use any of the neighborhood docks to go fishing on...stinks, don't it? - I keep wanting to buy my yearly fishing license, but then I have to hike off somewhere and find a place to actually GO fishing..

But anyway ~

I just did some layering of paints on some inexpensive drawing paper that I bought for a song about a year ago - it gives me spits and fits if I try to use a brush on it, but using my fingers, sponges or whatever else may be lurking on the table, well, that paper just acts like it's havin' a good time...so it's like playing and making a mess, which my high school art teacher always ALWAYS frowned on.

HA ! ~ HA ! ~ to her !! > Now I can make all the mess I WANT - an' who's gonna care? -

I mean, I do clean it all up...
Eventually.....

Just not right today, or right away today, 'cause I spent a good chunk of the morning drivin' me & noah all over creation, so now it's finally time to sit down and get something to eat. I think I ate a breakfast...Cocoa Roo-iees or something, blast, I can't even remember...so now my stomach is letting me know it's WAY past time to have lunch (it is after 1:30...) so it's TIME...

Jus' hopin' there is something to eat...
Hmmmmm....le's see...


So with that -

I'm Gone...........


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Darla said...

I like it and I like the quote. Funny how different papers take or don't take paint isn't it?

Darla

LadyTulip said...

Sometimes I marvel at what certain types of paper will do with paint - when I think I know exactly what's going to happen, something else entirely happens instead ~ !! ~

Lauri