Monday, October 01, 2007

~~ A couple days ago I thot about getting some shots on here of some pieces that are in the works out in the studio...but then I got going on sewing a new blouse..an' then too, the youngest needed a ride to a couple job interviews..job-application-filling-out-places...an' I needed to get to the bank so some VERY important checks wouldn't go boing-boing for the next 2,405 years...an by the time I got back here to get something done, it absolutely left my memory as to what it was that I was going to post here for a photo...IN THEORY..tomorrow I can get a couple sketches on here that have made some progress in the GETTING ALMOST TO THE CANVAS stage...hmmm...now that I say that I'm scared something ELSE is going to pop up in the way --

I found some very cool papers the other day while I went into one of the local Discount Stores. No ---not Wally-World..I haven't been in one of THOSE since last December...after how they were to us for delivering their freight an' how dangerous they wanted us to deliver their stuff...well..les' just say that I refuse to put myself into any more danger than necessary for some Corporation..period. But -- one of their competitors every once in awhile has some spiffy craft items for sale..so I made the trek over there an' found some very cool card stock in a nifty pack for I think $3.00 -- You better believe I grabbed that sucker up in a heart-beat!! Originally I was going to make a 10 (!!)mile trip to one of the art stores fora bottle of paint (.89 cents) but couldn't get my brain around the distance versus the price - of - the - product. So -- being the Tight Wad that I am -- I went 'bout 2 miles and had a pretty good discovery. I'll post some of the little papers I cut and pasted to other card stock I got 'bout a month ago..they make for some serious COLOR!! --

I'm excited 'cause I got some sewing patterns 'bout a week or so ago. Well -- what is so very cool is that since my mini-stroke, I've been cutting back on everything I eat...mainly 'cause A) -- The Dr. hasn't told me exactly what I AM suppossed to eat, so the less for now must be ok and B) -- I've lost close to 10 pounds...7 an 1/2 at last count. Lots o' veges -- more than I had been, and absolutely have cut the soft drinks to maybe 3 a WEEK -- When I took a look at how much I was downing them, it was at least 1 a Day...No No!! So -- when I tried on one of my t-shirts that I bought last year, it actually FIT NOW!! An' when I first bought it, the thing made me look like a stuffed-sausage...So, I can actually SEE that I've lost weight. And in relation to the sewing pattern.. I'm down a dress size!! I'm not to the size 9 that I'd like to be, but am on the way there!! I hope to go get my blood work done this week...I know I've been sayingI'll get it done "Tomorrow" -- but w/the youngest an' his runnin' around, My stuff has been put on the back burner. However -- with the blood work out of the way, then I may be able to get in to see the Dr. earlier an' find out jus' what the DEAL IS!!

The Husband has got some weird freight for the last couple dayz -- Today he hauled an empty Swift trailer to a factory...could't fig're out what it was that he was picking up at this factory...an' it ended up that he was hauling an entire 53' trailer of SHOPPING CARTS!! -- he's taking them to the rail-yard an' from there they go out to the West Coast to some distribution Center to go to one of the chain discount stores...just in time for the Christmas Holidays!! The company is cutting it REAL close for the holidays, but The Husband sez that if the train get's out there in 10 - 15 days it shouldn't be a problem to get all the pieces where they need to go. He jus' laughed at what he hauled today!! He said on the cell phone that there was more to tell me 'bout the trip, so it must be good if he sez that!! How weird it is how products get around our country...sometimes it makes no sense....


Lady of The Tulips ~~ who is now realizing that she needs to get some rice goin' on the stove...an' for the life of Sam, can't figure out where a bottle of spices has gone that would be perfect in that pan of rice....I swanny....

No comments: