Friday, April 17, 2009



~~ "Changing Currents" ~~ 2009 Spring Bay Studio


Here's a couple shots of the finished piece I'd downloaded the other day. It has all of it's final coats of paint, and some small additions here and there. I'm pretty glad with the way it turned out.

There are some little sketches that I've got on my sketch pad, but they aren't quite ready to show yet. Right now I'm getting some of them covered with ink, so they aren't ready to make their little debut to the world. Hopefully tomorrow. And speaking (no..make that writing...ha!) -- of tomorrow, I've got to decide on what to fix for the monthly Pot-Luck Dinner for the property owners association. There is always such good food!! -- Yum!! -- I'm debating between making a fruit pie..with fruit cocktail and jello -- really easy to make, probably the LAST thing I should be eating, as it also has a complete container of whipped cream added to it...Blast -- just don' tell the Doctor!! HA!! -- tha's it!! -- anyway ..where waz I?? -- Oh! -- what else to make for the dinner...hmm..maybe just a little salad will do the trick..much less calories, and considering that Tom HAS to loose weight, probably the better choice..or maybe just say Fo'get aboutit...Have the pie!!


I've also got to check on my order of some fabric..it should be picked up from the factory today and sent on it's merry little way HERE -- but the post office hasn't said when it'll be picked up, so I have to WAIT...I hate waiting...But it should be here in a couple days. And I'm also waiting for some bumper stickers I ordered the other week...they've been on backorder from Gypsy Rose..they are so popular that they'd run out of 'em -- some nifty Grateful Dead Stickers. Tom sez it's time to replace the old one's that've faded on the Very Fine Automobile...makes sense to me!! So that's a couple things to be workin' on...plus getting some painting done in the kitchen!!


Whoo -- hooo -- we picked out a very nice pale pale blue to replace the uuugggllieee wallpaper that smells bad an' is really faded. The elderly couple had put up some wonderful rose-patterened paper..very nicely embossed with shades of blue, pale pale yellow and cream. Very nice. BUT -- they set right slap next to it some icckkkiee martha stewart wallpaper that looks like it may have cost all of $4.99 a roll....ugghhh..so it's OUTTA HERE!! -- yup -- more taking down of smelly old wallpaper, but it's gonna be SO worth it!! -- the blue paint is just a perfect match to some of the pale blue's in the existing wallpaper, so it'll be a good compliment.

Humm -- I've kinda got my hands full for the next couple days!!

So with that, I've gotta run -- Oh -- an I'm also framing a couple pieces to take to a gallery down Ocean Highway...I'll let ya'll know what happenz with that!!

Shwoo...

Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I don't know how you did that painting...but I LOVE it! ...and how about sharing that recipe for the fruit pie..with fruit cocktail and jello...and ahem, the whipped cream. It sounds yummy!

LadyTulip said...

>>Ohh -- you'd just love the pie!!

I'll share the rec. in just a little bit.

L.