Thursday, April 23, 2009

~~ I think somewhere along the line, I've mentioned that the wallpaper in our little cabin has been an ongoing issue for me...Not like "Well, SHE has issues.." -- no, no. ~~

This is more along the lines, of -- the wallpaper has had far FAR better days, and it just flat out needs to come down. Simple as that. Not to mention that the previous owners were heavy smokers, and we all know that all that smoke has to go SOMEWHERE..namely along the walls, ceiling, etc. etc. -- SO -- that being blabbered...I finally got started on the old wallpaper in the kitchen this morning. I'd figured, that since the section under the top cabinets would be the "Easiest" to get to, and probably the fastest to take down, there I went, boy-o-boy, right at it.

Yes Sir, and Yes Ma'am.

And there I was, nearly 2 &1/2 hours later, still trying to take off all the old paper behind the color paper..all the STUFF with the NAHHSTY glue..all those little bits and pieces that never EVAH want to go away..far, far away..


I gave up 3/4 of the way to the last of the wall space. The old glue wasn't always the same glue from one section to another. It seems that the previous owners used some OTHER type of glues (PLURAL!!) here and there, just like it seemed it was the "right" thing to do.


My hands feel like Tom backed over them with his tractor trailer...


The glue is being discovered here and there in my hair...


And I still have one portion of one wall left to take down.

Is this a good time to start reconsidering a Gin & Juice afternoon??


Ok -- maybe not the gin and juice, but it is time for me to take a BREAK and not attack the walls in the kitchen. I did, however, get some primer on the cleaned up walls, and those poor walls just absorbed that paint like there was no tomorrow. I MEAN -- I've never seen primer taken up in the wall that fast EVAH -- And that kind of scares me, because I'm wondering just what kind of drywall these walls have. After all the noise about some cruddy Chinese Wallboard that's been discovered emiting noxious fumes in homes, that's about the LAST THING I need to discover in this house.

So, as the saying goes, Tomorrow is another day, and the lower section will be finished.

The Good News is, that we now have PEPPERS!! -- Oh boy, can we hear it for some nice, green peppers?!! -- The plants have decided that now's the time for them to sprout, and along with the tomatoes, it's starting to look like we'll have a garden this summer. I've got some other seeds of green beans ready to plant, too, so things are finally looking up in the GARDEN (!!) department. Noah went ahead and planted some corn this morning in the larger garden plot he'd been composting. I'm not 100% sold on that being the best idea...that is, planting the corn slap out in the middle of the garden...not with our little Bambi friends. We haven't seen the "Gang" lately..well, not for a bout a week. But their there.

Just waiting.

Eyeing the garden with their hooves tapping impatiently on the ground.

Waiting for the sprouts to come up..so they can EAT THEM.

>> Now, the reason I say this, is because all my little marigolds finally sprouted..and then when I went to check on them to give them a little sprinkle..

ALL I SAW WAS A DEER PRINT ON THE GROUND...

all the sprouts were gone. Eaten.

THIS MEANS WAR!! -- as Bugs Bunny once said..

Actually it just means I'm pissed off, and don't know just which way to go against those dumb (and they truly are very ignorant beasts..) animals. So I'll ponder on it for a spell..

And go attack my kitchen in the mean time.

I'll get back to you later on...

Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

You have the same problem with your garden that we do with ours...except that we also have the problem of the dog next door walking through the middle of the garden every day...and that's the long way around from his house to ours...it's as if he goes out of his way to make tracks through the garden. This year Gene has put a "kind of fence" around part of the garden, but it's not very high...and I don't think it will keep out too many creatures...but so far so good.

LadyTulip said...

>> OH!! << I think I'd have a word about that dog!!

But that being said, Little Miss Muffett does the same thing...hauls her fat self up into one of the flower beds, and proceeds to tear it to pieces. No amount of yelling at her seems to make her STOP.

Good Luck with your garden..I'm considering lotz an' lotz of ways to keep critters OUT...

L.