Tuesday, April 21, 2009

>> Well << This was very interesting...I'd gotten something added here yesterday, and it looked all spiffy and wonderful..

And then my internet connection decided to haul off and go kapoot...I mean, there was NOTHING -- no little lights telling me it was running...no little box that said All IsWell


Just a note that said You Internet Connection is not operating --

Well.

That certainly made me feel like a million dollarz

--- But here is what I'd wanted to write -- 1) -- sorry 'bout the blurry bit with my pictures yesterday. The camera is acting really really bad, and had a message that said "Memory is no longer available..." ~~ Yup ~ Add that with the other message from my internet company, and I REALLY felt like finding someplace to run away to..

SO ~~ All that being said..Here is the receipt for the pie that I'd written about the other day. I'm making one for dinner tonight..I'd thot about it yesterday, BUT ~~ We ended up having some really ugly weather and by the time everything settled down, I wasn't exactly in the mood to make a pie. So today is bright, sunny, and warm. Perfect day for this pie ~~

** Light and Fruity Pie **

>> 1 3 oz. pkg. jello

>> 2/3 c. boiling water

>> 2 c. ice cubes

>> 3 1/2 c. ~ or ~ 8 oz. Cool Whip or other non-dairy whipped topping, thawed

>> Fruit (opt.)

~~ Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add ice cubes and stir until gelatin thickens. Remove any unmelted ice. With wire whip, blend in topping. Whip until smooth. Fold in fruit. Chill if necessary until mixture mounds. Spoon into pie crust. Chill at least 3 hours.

Note -- for the pie crust, I usually get frozen pie shells, and bake one to just nicely brown, then once it's cooled, make the filling.

This pie NEVER makes it to the next day, tho I've tried for years to make the guys try to not have 3rds...ha!

So, with that, my stomach is now growling, so I guess I best go eat some lunch...And decide what to have for dinner..to go along with the pie..!!


Lady of The Tulips

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

OH, thank you...now I'm gonna make one of them delicious sounding pies. And in return, I'm gonna send you a recipe...or put it on one of my blogs when I get home. I'm visiting my grandbabies this weekend...and having fun! One is 3 years old and the other is 3 months old.

Carolyn said...

I made two of those pies for my son and his family yesterday...and they were good and both were completely eaten.

LadyTulip said...

HA!! -- Yeah, I forgot to say, set a timer once you set the pie out on the table...an see how long the darn thing lasts!!

That pie, and a salad that uses some of the same ingredients...yup..those suckers go wayyy to fast to be believed!!

How are those wonderful grands??!!

L.