Tuesday, April 14, 2009




>>Welll..here are some shots of what suddenly happened here near the shore...

Noah decided to unpack the boxes of my books, and other tidbits..I was out on the front porch, helping him sand and clean up an old dresser of mine...my dad bought it for me when I was in high school, and all these years it's been used mostly by my middle son, Gabriel. Now it's getting a face lift, and Yours Truly helped sand away on the dirt, grime and lots and LOTZ of ink, glue, ETC., all over the drawers...

But that's not what these pictures are...these are the CONDITION of my poor studio...disarray..mess...HELP!! -- it's all right here...BUT -- I've also included a shot of the latest canvas I've worked out...See what I meant when I said the other day about the "Cracking" on the canvas??

I used a procuct that's INCREDIBLY cheap..slathered it all OVAH -- an' got the first couple coats of paint on...it's still W.I.P. -- but I wanted to SHARE it with ya'll --- too much of a light green right now, but it's getting better all the time..

WHICH IS NOT TO SAY --- that the studio is getting better...

Soon --

We had a Very Nice Weekend --- altho friday night was Something To Forget...

We had to wake up to the sounds of the local fire department screaming down one of the little side streets...all 4 engines this time...apparently somebody has lost their house,b but we couldn't see from the main road who's house it was..or is... That was exciting enuf...but then, in the middle of all that, it started to rain..which turned into a thunderstorm..

Which got Little Miss Muffett all a-tither, and she naturally had to come into our bedroom, shaking and panting like The World Was Ending...

And proceeded to wedge herself between the bed and the wall facing the back yard...

And promptly got stuck...

Bad enuf she's a Big Lug at over 90 pounds..but add to it that she was wedged an' realized she WAS stuck..couldn't breathe good..and started hacking...like she was DIEING..

SSSHHCCCCKKKKAACCCCKKKK>>>>

HHHAAAUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKK....

I kept tossing and turning, hoping she'd STOP all this nonsense..

Then I looked at how she was laying against the wall..and promptly started lecturing her..."WILL YOUGETOUTOFTHERE!!!" she just layed there and started hackkkkinngggg again..

Tom finally had to get out of bed, MOVE THE ENTIRE BED, and pull the dog away from the wall..

Just because there were exactly 3 bolts of lightning that scared her...

A Night to NOT Remember...

Easter made up for it al, tho, and Danny came down to eat and Be Merry -- blackeye peas...ham...mashed potatoes...yummm..and a nice pie..Fruit...We dearly love these things..and Very Grateful we Have the chance to eat that much at all!!

So -- now I must leave an' try and figure out what to do with this poor room...sigh...

Lady of The Tulips

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

OMG...ham, black eyed, and mashed potatoes...you're making drool. We love 'em.