Friday, June 05, 2009

2009 - W.I.P. --


Here's a little something I've been messin' around with for the past couple days -- I started out with it just very plain, and then sorta-kinda-somehow it got carried away, and now it's at this point in time.


The pale turquoise is one of my favorite colors, but the others are just as spiffy. There are some other pieces that I've worked out that I'm debating about -- whether or not the papers will co-exist happily with the painting or not. One of the Great Mysteries of Life. Well.

Maybe not.


This weekend I'm getting some planz in GEAR to go thrifting!! -- Is there any other way to spend a weekend?? -- I think Not!! There's a thrift store that I went in last winter, but I didn't really get a chance to look at -- I was with my neighbor, an' she has a tendancy to sorta fly thru the store -- and complain about "These high prices!!" --

Say What??!!

It's a THRIFT STORE, for cryin' out loud!! -- Well, there were some other scary things that happened on that trip, but the story will come along later...But back to THIS story -- the store is REALLY good size, and with a total of 4 rooms loaded with stuff, my brain was just takin' aback -- so my thinkin' is that if I can get Tom sidetracked, then I can start gettin' some stuff for the porch -- my lil' porch/hammock swing needs some more company, an' even tho I put a sweet little table, plant and 2 chairs out there, it jus' NEEDZ something...so -- A-HA!! -- Here we come thrift store!!


So -- oh my stars..Sara's jus' come in the room, all a-tither -- an' now that I've looked out the window, it looks like we're in for a Frog-Strangler...that is, a big ol' rainstorm. We've had rain off & on since last night, an' naturally, Sara's been a WRECK -- she's such a wimp...but the flowers are LOVIN' IT!! -- an' I think the tomatoes have grown 4 inches...hmm...should probably start thinkin' about gettin' a freezer for all those veges...welll -- maybe I should WAIT till Said Veges are HERE -- YA THINK??!!


Gotta run -- it's REAL quiet out in the front room, an' that makes me nervous as H***...



Lady of The Tulips

3 comments:

PennyBlue said...

Love the thrift store! Love the painting! And loved catchin up on your blog. Have a great weekend LT!

LadyTulip said...

HEYYY!!! How are you!!?? Have missed you tonz!!

An' I even convinced Tom to go with me INSIDE the thrift store!! How Cool isz THAT??!!

Soo glad u like my painting - it's a fun one!!

You have a good weekend, hear?11

L.

Sharon P Pope said...

I'm liking the colors in your painting. I like thrift stores too...and antique stores, just to look. :) Only thing with thrift stores, yard sales, etc, I can't not buy something and my house is running over now. I need to start a thrift store! LOL Have a good weekend!