Monday, June 01, 2009


~~ A couple days ago, Noah was outside lookin' at the well-house, checkin' on the plot of corn he's got growing in the backyard, and deciding whether or not to paint the woodbox ~~

He had the camera with him, for what reason I've no clue, but suffice to say, that when he went to do something with the woodbox, this little guy was jus' hanging out, doin' his/her(??) thing and minding it's own business...

Which I have no problem with...I just have no, and I MEAN, NO idea of what kind of little critter this is. We seem to have a pair of them -- every now and again I catch a glimpse of them, skirting under the back deck, or running from under the steps from the deck to the backyard. They don't always move very fast, as you can tell by this picture...this one either had a hangover for the morning, an' just couldn't get it in gear, or else it had it's eye (s) set on something on the other side of the woodbox.

I was REALLY suprised the first time I caught a glimpse of this critter...I'm thinkin' it's a salamander of some ilk...I'd made the mistake of asking tom if he knew what it was, and I won't EVEN go into what that conversation turned in to...but I'm kinda glad I've got these two (Even tho only one is in the picture...) little friends outside. They get rid of the ants, some of the weird crawly bugs that suprise and altogether irritate me when I go out to check the tomatoes in the bed...So they sorta/kinda make their home in and alongside our little cabin.

An' I guess that's ok.

I gotta run for now -- the weather is supossed to turn REALLY hot tomorrow...like in the 90's, so I need to go soak the garden good and muddy. I got some of the flowers and perinnials that the hose can't reach alongside the front of the cabin, but some of the other places along the side of the property just do fine with the hose all strung out along the grass. NOW -- if I could afford to get rid -- and I MEAN tear it OUT -- kinda get rid of the grass, I"d be a little happy girl.

But I haven't won the lottery yet...

Matter of fact, I've never EVER EVAH played the lottery a day in my life..

So having the $$ to tear out the grass, plant nothing but tons of flowers, shrubs...well, that's just a pipe dream for now..

But one can always hope...

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: