Tuesday, June 09, 2009


"In The Wrong Place" - 2009 Spring Bay Studio

Here's one of the pieces that I finished just at the end of last week -- it'd been messed with and messed with for what seemed like for EVAH -- but I finally for it done. There was something with the base coat that kept giving me fits and spits, but I finally got it DONE!!

Now I've got a couple other pieces in the works, and hopefully by the end of the week they'll get them selves together. Or, maybe it's gonna be like this one..sitting on the table lookin' at me like there's something SO OBVIOUS (sp) but my little brain just sometimes doesn't wanna work too hard to SEE what's so obvious...gives me a headache, tha's what it does..


There are some other pieces of paper that have to get sprayed with some matte medium to hold the watercolor paint in place, an' then those will all get put together on a canvas -- I'm not sure where the whole thing is going right now. That's the problem sometimes -- I start out with what seems a GREAT idea..get painting lots and lots of little papers -- making them into fish, or seaweeds, or Something.Then the whole idea goes out the window and I have to start the whole process over again. And those are the projects that want to STAY not-so-obvious. Thus the never ending arguement on whether or not to get Hair Color to cover up the grey's that are continually popping up on my head. HA! -- an' you jus' thot it wasTom giving me all those grey hairs..

Well -- actually 96% of the time it IS tom that's givin' me those grey hairs, but I feel like bein' Kind and Sweet to him today..well, at least for now. By the time he gets home an' starts runnin' his mouth about some stuiped little thing, well, tha's when all the SWEETNESS goes out the window. Then I attack some paper with some horrendous paint just to work off the irritation (s) --


Must go an' check my laundry -- it's making all sorts of noise in the laundry room...the washer needs to be balanced again -- the floor has these little slopes all over, n' if you're not carefull, you find yourself slippin' down one of them. And the washer jus' happens to sit on one of those little slopes..so it makes itself go off balance when it whips into the spin cycle..WHOA..then starts shakin' the whole place. Makes for an Exciting Time..


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: