Tuesday, June 30, 2009


we have several daylilies in the garden that are doing much better this year than last an this one is the brightest one of the bunch -- it doesn't look as bright onscreen as it is in the garden -- but it almost has a neon color about it. i went out the other afternoon to take this picture and the color seemed to glow -- we just had had a great rain storm and the whole garden just wanted to take off. the grass is also taking off, much to the dismay of noah, since he's the one who mows all of it.
But the fun thing is that the flowers along this side of the deck seem to cheer things up quite a bit, and it makes for a good time in the shade of the oak trees. When it cools down a little bit in the afternoon today, I'll get some other shots of the darker lilies in the bigger flower bed -- so far they've reached up to nearly 5 feet in height!! -- Yay!! -- an they have a very deep color around the edges, plus the other flower bed has some "double's" == lilies that have double petals on them, that make them appear fluffy when in bloom. They just blend in so well with the shade of the pines and popular trees above them..it's a very calming flower bed.
I took some pictures of our tomatoes, but they got erased on my camera -- noah was messin with it so i gotta find out what he did -- he's in a grump right now cause the temp company where he gets his pay from, shorted his paycheck from last week, an when he opened his check last night he was furious..an still is this morning. so i don't think it's wise for me at the moment to haul off an go into a rant about the stuiped tomatoes, for cryin out loud...I'll just take some other pictures in the afternoon!!
Gotta go on my morning bike ride - if i can get permission i'm gonna ask the people over at our little local marina if I can get some shots of the crab boats along the shore..they look pretty cool all decked out with the pots lined up on deck. plus that part of the shore is really full of wonderful shade trees and feel fabulous when i ride into all that cool shade..ahhhh....
Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

turquoise cro said...

Those lillies are really SWEET! WISH I could go on that bike ride with YOU! O! and don't forget to take a pic of Bub!!! LOL and come on over to my Blog and enter the contest and have a cupcake while YOU are there! I'm going to use that # generator thingie soOOOOo who knows, YOU might win! Have a Blessed day sweet thang!

LadyTulip said...

Ohh My!! -- I will try an see if my lil ol name may be the one to win with you!!

I am waiting for the HEAT outside to cool down a little bit more before getting a picture of lil ol Bub -- He's so cute!!


L.