Friday, June 19, 2009

HA!! -- Jus' when I thot that the World waz coming to an end...or ...That all contact with other humans was a thing of the past...

My phone company/Internet provider sent a Repair Person to "Fix What is Broke" -- or something to that effect.

2 days later...many hours of flailing, and new wires, modem, and other pieces and parts...I now have my Internet Connection Working..And it wasn't easy.

But I am back in the land of Computerz..or something close to it -- I was going to try and Test the Internet Gremlins and see if some pictures would post on this particular afternoon, but after waiting for an hour and 55 minutes for my connection to just actually WORK -- I decided that I better give things a break, and try to post some pictures of our yard and the Flowers, Bird Nests and a Stray Cat that has decided to adopt us...Shwoo -- no wonder I'm tired!!

I've also got a new canvas sitting on me little work table...it is just shy of being finished, but there is a spot of about 1 & 1/2 inch that is giving me fits -- Something about some color and paint that is just making me have a headache..Why is it that such a small section decides to DO THIS to me?? Ahhh well -- it's wayyy to hot and humid today to bother with too many ickiee things..

We had storms, and I MEAN --- STORMZ last night -- for close to 2 hours...so much lightening..and the thunder did a number on the pictures on the walls..shook them like there was a test to see it every picture would come crashing down off the wall...then the RAIN -- And -- naturally, yesterday around noon, I made sure to give the tomatoes, basil, peppers and STUFF a good little soaking with my nifty little watering can..sweating away, but MAKING SURE that they got a good drink of water...

Ha. Shoulda known.

The light in the sky was INCREDIBLE for the longest time last night...then it started getting closer..

And closer...

And I MEAN -- WHAM!! -- there it WAZ -- in YOUR FACE and THERE YOU GO!! -- the dog hid somewhere, I've got no idea where...Tom sat up an' said, "Ya think we'll get some rain?" -- I just sat and stared out the window, wondering if my eyes were ever going to adjust after all the HUGE lightening bolts were flashing EVERYWHERE...

An' now today it's 90 degrees..the humidity is somewhere over 89%...Yup -- I feel like I need to go hide in an igloo some where..

But the closest I can get to that, is to turn on the air conditioner...sit with a cold soda, and hope that I'll make it to this evening to watch baseball on t.v. --

Other than that, it's all been pretty quiet here..

'cept for the stray cat that adopted us..it keeps MEEEOOOWWWW - ing out on the front porch..

My word...


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

turquoise cro said...

We've had storms too Lady and I've slept thru about all of them!! Gina can't believe it!!! LOL and we also had a stray cat me-owing around here but I told Gina NO! don't feed it, it will go somewhere else! I can't have anything with fur hanging around because of my allergies!!! Sometimes I think I might be allergic to Jer and his whiskers when they start popping out! Happy Week-end Sweetie Pie!!!

LadyTulip said...

Ohh!! -- Aren't animals just too much some times??!!

Bee careful with those critters meandering around you!!

L.