Monday, August 17, 2009

HA!! -- I've just sat here and typed out a whole long story on what happened to me over the weekend, even posted some nice little pictures of the frames I bought at the thrift store last weekend, and when it came time to download the whole kit and kaboddle (or however it's spelled...) the whole thing disapeared...

Not a good start for a Monday morning...

But since I'm not running short on time, I'll make this short as well -- I got the chance yesterday after church, to get up to Virginia Beach, and take some of my canvases to a shop along Shore Drive. The lady who ownes the shop wanted to take a look at some of my Beachy-things, and said that she would take them, and then I would get a portion of the sale...which isn't very much, but it's better than nothing. The economy being the way that it is, there isn't a whole lot else a lot of shop owners can do, but get what they can for their items, and that's that. So -- I'll make a pittance on the work I've done, but for now, my foot's in the door, so to speak. And the exposure is what I've needed.

The work I've done isn't something that sells at all here in our little farming community, and tha's posed a problem for me. So I've been looking here and there and all over for somewhere to sell my collages. So it's worked out good that there's a shop owner ready to sell some work! And along the part of Shore Drive that her place is located, gets a good amount of traffic, and since Danny drives that highway everyday in his delivery truck, he sez that it's a busy place. Yay!! More People!!

Sorry this is so short, but I've got to run...I'd planned out some stuff to do, an' once my work on this here 'puter went poof, now I gotta make up for lost time..blast...


Lady of The Tulips

3 comments:

Sharon P Pope said...

I just hate when a long post goes poof and has to be typed over and I don't have time to retype the whole thing, or the energy either. :)

Congratulations on finding a shop to sell your collages in a busy area. I'm doing the happy dance for you, and I hope you sell a gazillion collages. :) That's great news!

LadyTulip said...

Yup! -- I'm pretty excited about the shop!! An' there are still some holidays coming up, an' some music festivals, so it's lookin' good!!

L.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on finding a shop to sell your collages in a busy area.


--
Venus
Plug and play Security Systems no Contracts at the best affordable Prices