Wednesday, August 12, 2009


"Sailing Vessels"

Spring Bay Studio -- 2009

Here's another piece that I've been workin' on the last week or so -- it'd been one of those canvese's that'd started out as one thing, and as time went on, poof!! -- it became something else. I guess that 's how it be some times.

The heat is starting to build up this morning - so I'm thinking that it's going to probably storm like all $%^&#@ and get out. The Dog will not be impressed, but then she never is when it comes to strong and loud storms. I've got my sketch book out, to get some new things done up, and hope that those will go onto another canvas that's sittin' behind me on the work table. I also got some new papers over the weekend. I actually went into one of those large stores that are horrid and terrible..with a gazillion people all yelling into cell phones, or parents yelling at their children (back to school shopping..) or elderly couples yelling at one another. Not a very condusive environment for deciding on art paper to buy. BUT -- I did the best I could, grabbed what I needed. Then had to sort of meander around, 'cause I didn't know where tom was. Hmm..checked out the paint isle in the hardware section...looked at plastic storage bins, in bright purple and pink..looked at some incredible thin-legged tables that The Dog would probably knock over in 5 minutes.

And still waited for tom to show up..

An HOUR later, he finally came strollin' along, lookin' like he was just as pleased as punch. He'd been outside doing something (somewhat vague answer on that question) and had been inside, but didn't come into the section where I was deciding on papers, pens, scrap packs and embellishments.

What the%?&$" ???? -- "But I told you where I"d be!"

"Yup -- an' all I did was go to the pen isle..."

Men.

What more is there to say...they make hair color companies a LOT of money, from tired and irritated wives...

Gotta go -- it's hot an' it's only 9 a.m. -- an' here come the clouds...eeekkssss

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: