Friday, August 07, 2009


Some of our flowers and bulbs are just about done for the summer, but here is a shot of one of the plants that just seems to say Phooeeeyyy!! on that!! Even with the high heat and humidity, these flowers just seem to keep blooming. This stand of flowers are just to the right of the rose of sharon I took a picture of last week.

We had a terrible storm yesterday -- pretty much out of the blue, it just popped up from what looked like just a couple clouds. HA!! -- Noah was looking at the radar map online, and happened to say, "Well, it looks like we might get a little rain, but this looks like it's going in the opposite direction.." within less than 45 minutes, we had an absolutely horrendous storm -- lots and lots of lightening, tons of water just smashing the treelimbs and pounding the roof. What really got me scared was the sudden wind...once it started shaking the house, then i got a little worried.

But after a half hour or so, we finally listened to the last of the storm, and when I went to look out in the front yard, to see how many tree limbs fell, I noticed that the water was rushing across the drainage ditch, and pouring onto the far southern side of our yard. YIKES!! -- It was like somebody turned on a faucet on high..I've never seen something like that ever. EVAH! -- Tom said when he took miss sara for her walk later in the evening, that down the one road across from us, the drainage ditch was rushing across the base of one of the culverts, and pouring down onto a little inlet from the river. "It looked and sounded like a waterfall..." WHOA!!

When I rode my bike this morning, there were still lots of spaces along the road where all the leaves were piled up in the drainage ditches, and stagnant water everywhere. The river inlet near the marina was dirty brown from all the runoff, and the crab boats that were tied up looked like they'd been kinda rocked all over the place. That wasn't something I wanted to see this morning!

But it is much cooler for the first time in probably 3 weeks, so the breeze from the Sound felt absolutely wonderful!! Cool, and noah and I still haven't turned on the airconditioner - and it's after 11:00 in the morning!! Whoo - Hoo!! But I can't get too excited, 'cause the weather people are saying it's going to turn much hotter over the weekend, and by sunday it's going to get up to 95...that's without the heat index!!

Must be time to figure out a way to a Very Cool Place!! Yup. Tha's the ticket!!

In jus' a bit I'm gonna post a couple pieces I've finished this week -- their kinda groovy..well, to Me they are!! Ha!!

Must get some ice coffee...my word, the breeze in here is just right, and with a nice cold coffee...more like a latte...ohhh...it just makes up for the past few HOT dayz!!


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

turquoise cro said...

That ICE Coffee sounds soOOOOOo COOL and yummy! I'm going to get me some whip cream and make me some!!! hehe Here's a HUG too girly!((((((Lady Tulip))))))

LadyTulip said...

>> YUM!! <<

Have a cool coffee on me, 'K?!!


L.