Friday, April 02, 2010




Ok, so it may look weird - all these pictures of frames - but let me explain...I bought these when Tom & I had made one of those trips up to the city, which is always a treat in itself...and then when I realized that one of my newest mermaids needed a frame, well, I dug around in the closet and found these!! I totally spaced out and forgot where I'd put these, but lo and behold, there they were, still in their packaging (is that spelled right..?) and waiting for something to happen to them.

THIS time, instead of working for days and days to distress the wood frame, by doing more work than was really necessary, I ALSO remembered that I'd bought some of Tim Holtz's distress ink, and by using that - probably not in the "right" way that the company sez to use it, but ANYWAY - I used that, did some clever Other Things, and voila!! ~ Got one good distressed frame!

I started to show both of them, each on it's own, but I'm not sure it it's so easy to see the difference between the new and distressed frame. So I plopped them next to each other so you can see the difference a little better. AND this time I didn't work myself to pieces - Oh sure, I got angry, frustrated and all-together-irritated with how the work was going, and wasn't too sure if I was even going to KEEP the frame, after some alarming things happened...like different paints having alltogether odd-ball reactions to each other...bleeding colors..fading and streaking of paints...oh, OH the AGONY of it all....

But I finally said, "Oh just cram it $^&* and THEN ^%^*&$"&" SO THERE"....

And said it's done. And not a minute too soon.
Cause this weekend is Easter weekend, and out of the blue, naturally (I guess this is what husbands are for? To irritate the livin' #% outta the Wife?? -) Tom calls to say,

"What are we doin' for Easter? I was thinkin' of havin' a couple-a things for dinner..an' ya think you could call Danny and see what he wants to do, oh, an' see too if there is somewhere you can find just the right size ham for the dinner, an' I might want to have some of those pineapple things....oh, whatta they called???"..................

Right when I was so totally in the middle of working on the last of the distressing of the frame..so you know KNOW how much I wanted to have this sort of BLASTING interuption...

OH SHUT UP about all those new grey hairs on my head...these don't come easy, ya know??

So, right when I was all set to really get into the next project in my head, NOOOOO, I gotta go an' start makin' up all kind-sa lists an' stuff for groceries.then figure out just how much of everything I need to make, 'cause after all, the other son may show up too, an' bring his new girlfriend..an' what do THEY want to have...

All this.........

An' all I wanna do is play with my paints - an' mess with some texture STUFF again - an' do some squiggly lines an' mess around with some more of my fibers, which by the way, I have totally TOTALLY fallen in love with all over OVAH again ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

but nooooooooooo

I gotta go an' figure out how to get this big-ol' dinner THANG goin' again.

Don' get me wrong - I love love Easter, and the wonder and marvel of it all..it's just the whole Dinner and Fixin's and STUFF that absolutely drive me to the BRINK..

But I'll be fine..truly I will.

Or else my next post will be from the florida keys somewhere...an' by my stars, I WILL have one of those clever teeny drinks in my hand, with those spiffy little umbrellas stuck in the drink, with little swizzle sticks in it an' EVERYTHING ~~~

Jus' watch me......


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: