Wednesday, April 14, 2010




Spring has indeed come along and made it's presence known along the shore - I am so amazed that the plants have taken off the way they have - a week ago there was hardly one bloom that had opened up - and within less than 7 days, they all have decided to pop open. The dogwood tree along the front of the road is just as wonderful as ever - the first year we were here, it didn't bloom this much - Guessing that with all the winter and early spring rains, the roots have been more than soaked, and the tree has responded right along.

The other picture that is worth mentioning, is the one where the Bus is peeking thru the plants - if you can tell, we have a wonderful collection of irises - the previous owner had a relative who worked with some nursery, so he was able to get plants that were either not sold, or were somehow "wrong" - and brought them to the owners - this spring has really shown just how those plants like to spread out - I've had several thru the years, but none of them spread like these have - I made sure last summer to water them really well while soaking the annuals I had planted around them - So the soil moisture has made them super happy from all the winter rains - and now they are making themselves at home. I just don't understand how they didn't spread this much before now...tha's one of those Botany questions I probably missed while taking the class in college...Ooops................

I'm feeling better today - Tom tho, nearly set me off when he called and asked.."Can you do something for me?" - I answered like I was kinda scared...
"Uhmm..sure..what? - Or should I ask?" -

"Could you bring the Dog back for me? - I miss her, an' I wanna see her when I come home from work today..."

Nearly went into a total crying jag again.

But I got thru it well enuf, an' decided that maybe the thing to do is plant a tree in her honor...My sweet friend Darcy had made that suggestion to me last week, and now with all the trees popping out with flowers, leaves and whatever, I'm thinking that a nice fragrant lilac tree would fit the bill. We have several spots where there needs to be something, so one of those would fill in nicely.

Thank you Darcy, for that sweet suggestion. Now I will look an' see which type I need to plant.

An' tomorrow I'll post the picture of the wild Dogwood tree along the back of our property - along with some pictures of wildflowers that have some HUGE flowers on them. I'm not sure of the name of them..but they bloom like crazy, spread all over the place, and make the area around the sheds nearly look tropical...most interesting.

But for now I'm off to do a new sketch..I'm slooooowlyyy gettin' back to my Art..jus' takin' it one day at a time, donchya know???


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Darla said...

Wow, everything looks so lush and green. I noticed the bus right away :-)

Darla

LadyTulip said...

~ Yeah, the Bus does make it's presence known..like my mother used to say, "Sticks out like a sore thumb..."

Noah, tho, isn't impressed with all the growth..means more mowing for him ~ ! ~

Lauri