Wednesday, April 28, 2010

So, while the first couple dayz of the Bluegrass festival went really great, as far as the weather goes, then it just hauled off and turned completely upside down...

The picture shows just how far down the ____ everything turned...Saturday got worse, rain and wind..then more wind..but we stuck it out while people with motor homes with HEATERS INSIDE TO KEEP THEM WARM were bailing out of that campground like there was no tomorrow. We, who have No Heat in the Bus, stayed for all of the remaining concerts Sat. nite, and the picture is what the site looked like early on Sunday morning.

Plus is was colder than Saturday. We packed up the Bus, said goodbye to all the Fish in the pond, and made our way home. The route we took back here was the one I originally told tom to use, and we made it back here in less time that I want to think about..compared with the 5 hours that it took with the "short cut"...

Oh anyway..we got back here to some more sunshine, but the WIND ~ !!! ~ I kept feeling like at any minute we'd be upside down with the Wheels sticking up from the edge of the ditch. But Tom, being that he has to drive thru bad weather a lot of the time, was able to keep the Bus on the road..we didn't run off an' go ka-plooey into some poor guys wheat field..

An' now we're just sittin' back thinkin' about the next festival to go to - Gotts to save up some $$, but not as much as this first one.

And on a lighter note, tomorrow I'll post my just finished frame & piece..both are looking none to shabby, even if I don't mind saying so.

And there is some sketches I'll try and remember to post here as well - A bit differnt, but close to some work I did not too long ago. Fun, breezy an' jus' right now that Spring is finally trying to make itself at home.

Or shall I say, considering sticking around..as today we have strong winds an' it's 62 outside. BUT IT SHALL WARM UP ~ !! ~ Around here it's supossed to be up near 85 by the weekend...I'm tellin' ya, there's no tellin' what to expect with the Weather.

That's why it's better for me to say what the Art will be like, rather than the messin' around that the Weather People do day to day.

And they get PAID for it ~ ! ~

What am I doin' wrong? - Oh, heh heh,,yeah, I can't do math, an' Weather Predicting takes a WHOLE lotta that stuff...

Would it work If I took a flag outside to say that it might get windy?...uhmm...no, huh?

Fine.

Be that way......

I'll just go an' get a cold one an' tha's that.

Besides - I got some blue watercolor pencils that I wanna play with - Weeeeeee............


Lady of The Tulips

1 comment:

Darla said...

Sounds like fun, weather and all. Now lets see what you did with those new blue pencils.

Darla