Thursday, April 29, 2010


"Untitled" - Spring Bay Studio 2010

Here's the piece that I just got finished - well, the other day...I had another mess of a time gettin' the frame to come out just the right color. I couldn't decide if it should be a darker "aged" look or not, so finally after scrubbing and blobbing and dabbing paint paint and more paint, I finally said "ENOUGH!!" an' slammed it in the frame.

But it does look pretty cool, huh?

I've got some sketches that are gettin' some various colors added to them this morning. Actually it's pretty amazing that I'm even able to think about color right now...Noah woke me up wayy before 7 this morning, 'cause he absolutely positively HAD TO go to the paint store (forget wall-mart or lowes...) an' buy a can of spray paint to repaint the stove pipe up on the roof. No, no, he doesn't want to spent $3.97 or whatever at the larger hardware store...NO! ...he wants to haul off and spent nearly $7.00 on ONE CAN of spray paint...But I did, at the same time, get to order some paint for me..and yes, I'm really wondering how much those 2 cans of paint are going to come to...

All I can say, is I darn well hope that the paint going up on the stove pipe sings, dances and does the hootchie-koo, 'cause it BETTER do something more than just sit there and look pretty. I have never EVAH paid that much for a can of spray paint. An' the phone will probably fall out of it's wall socket when The Husband hears what I paid for that thing...

Ok, so I'm a cheapskate...but I MEAN, come ON now!! ~ SEVEN dollars for spray paint?? -

Well, the good thing is that it is made for high heat purposes, and does keep rust from happening on a surface that not only gets rain, wind and ice/snow on it, but the heat from the woodstove does a number on any pipes that are made for woodstoves. So, yes, it IS probably worth the extra cost...

But it's just not something that I was quite ready for.

BUT ~ ! ~ I am ready for showin' some of the work that I'm getting done on my latest piece...got some lettering done, and have some flowers that are kinda spiffy. Just hope that once their all put together that they look good. Sometimes it's hard to see what the final product will look like..then The Critic jumps out of the bushes in the front of the house an' screams "You think THAT looks good??! ~ Are you NUTZZ??"

So it's a never ending battle to create something that flows, that makes you want to go swimming in warm tropical waters, and not have to face something like a cranky mother-in-law on the shore...

So it's off to the work table..I'm also realizing that I most definetly need a cup of coffee..I didn't even get to finish my first, when Noah started pacing around the dining room.."patiently" waiting for me to finish my breakfast...

I'm tellin' ya, it's never a dull moment aroun' here..an' don' get me goin' on the ol' guy that was screaming around a corner, down a little bridge over one of the creeks, and driving IN MY LANE at the same time....an' there I am comin' in the opposite direction, right head-on toward this guy...

I guess I better check my automobile insurance policy, huh?

I'm Gone...........


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Miss Lady Tulip ♥

I love your artwork and this piece is totally cool....and the frame color is just right.

I, too, wonder how a can of spray paint can be $7.00..I'll tell something else that floored me a few weeks ago in Hobby Lobby....a piece of styrofoam..specifically a styrofoam wreath was $7.99! I thought I was seeing things..LOL

Needless to say that wreath didn't come home with me....my gosh, that stuff used to be dirt cheap.

I've been missing in action this week in an attempt to work on my blog design. It's been two years and things evolve...as we say. :0)

I hope you'll come by to take a peep. I really love graphic design and learning something new everyday.

Have a wonderful sunshin-e day...

Hugs,
Stephanie ♥

LadyTulip said...

Why thank you stephanie~ !! ~ I'm glad you like my little projects, they are fun to do!

An' isn't it irritating how craft/art stores are starting to charge the moon for products that used to be cheap??! ~ I understand making a profit, but it seems to be getting a little out of control!

Have fun with the new design on your blog - I've noticed some of the changes - don't ya wish it would all come together faster ~ !!? ~

Good Afternoon to You!!

Lauri