Tuesday, December 23, 2008


>> Well >> After trying for what seemed like HOURS and forever and EVAH -- I decided that it just wasn't worth the time spent WAITING AND WAITING for my computer to work the way it should, and just Download a picture I wanted to post on this Blog.

See -- what I have is a Dilemma -- or however one spells that word. What iit is IS >> I have a set of serving items..two "Spoons" that my dear son Gabriel and his (At the time) wife found for me at the thrift store. They are a fine pair, two silver pieces. One is a basic Serving Spoon, flat with a slight curve along each side. I know it has a "Proper" name, but for the life of me, I slap Can Not remember it. AND -- the other piece is very ornate..all curley-quee and wonderful, and it Too has a NAME, but for the life of me, I once again can Not remember.

And since like, in what, 2 DAYS it's Christmas...well, you SEE...I had planned on very nicely setting these pieces out on the table, to make all the dinner and Goodies just look fabulous and Very Fine on the dining room table. And, naturally, when one of the sons would Politely Ask, "What is that spoon/sering/THANG?" I would just casually say, "OH!..well, don't youKNOW??!! It's a..." and then stand there next to the dining room table with my mouth hanging open, and nothing but a squeak coming out of said open mouth..Because I CAN'T remember the name of that serving piece. Goes to show what being a mother is all about. The old broad gets up in years an' she can't even remember her own name..No -- it's not actually THAT bad, but you get the idea. And for 3 days last week, I walked around the house humming, "Oh!, the ol' grey mare, she aiiint what sheee used to be, aint what she used to beee, aint what she used to bEEEE..." And now look what'z happened. The Old Mare can't remember nothin'..


But onto ART NEWZ -- 2 of my collage/mixed media pieces are spiffily hanging over on Church Street (or the main drag of town) in the little county art league/Art Gallery -- they look very nice, even if I don't mind saying so., One is a mermaid that I posted on here quite a while back, and another is an untitled piece that I posted, I think, last month. They are hung in one of the back portions of the gallery, but they are under a set of lights that just highlight the heck out of the glitter paints I used on one of the corners near the little mermaid. I'm pretty jazzed about how they look, and I'm optimistic they'll sell FAST!! --

But for now, I gotts to get painting on some papers..I just ordered some Sea Life type fabrics from a store up in New England..seems kinda funny, to order fabric with shells, seaweeds and sailboats from a landlocked call-center, but that's what it is..I also have some new sketches of sailboats and some shells to make up for a couple of new pieces, too. So before I get to baking and cleaning and doin' STUFF for Christmas, I need to get the little details worked out Ahead of Time...never a dull moment around here!!

Oh >> And if you're wondering why I posted the pictures of the Daylilies from last summer?? !! Well -- since most of the country is buried under far and away too many inches of snow, I thot a nice Summertime Picture would cheer everybody up!!

Enjoy!!


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: