Monday, December 15, 2008

>> Just a quick little hello from here along the shores of the COLD Sound -- I took a look out the studio window a little while ago, and inbetween the trees and branches that are all bare now, I can get a teeny glimpse of the little inlet on the opposite side of where our cabin is. <<


The water looks all grey and choppy -- not at all happy and blue like it does during the spring and summer. We had some nahhsty winds on Saturday, that made it feel horrible outside. I know it wasn't like some of the winds out on the Plains or up in the poor Frozen New England countryside, but for here it was just Not Welcome. Then yesterday, it was a complete reversal -- warm, sunny and one would think, a completely different time of year...not December. And just a while ago, Tom called to say that, No, the temps didn't get up to 75, just & only 70 degrees...just what in the TAR is goin' on with this unpredictable weather, WHAT THE TAR< I ASK??!! is goin' on?? It's beginning to sorta kinda get me freaked out, I'm tellin' ya!!

BUT -- onto ART NEWS!! -- I successfully took 3 pieces of my collages/mixed media art to the local gallery in town. Rode the bus, and with all the shaking and bumps, I am very happy to say that nothing got broken, no glass, no beads falling off of the canvas, nothing BAD. The woman in the gallery was Very Nice, and helped me label my works, got each one a different tag, got the work all lined up so the Jury Committee can look it all over. Now, the hardest part is the WAITING -- Waiting to hear positive words on the work -- positive words that the work will sell -- positive words that the gallery wants to have more work bought in. And there's nothing I can do 'till I hear from the gallery. My nerves are shot, my stomach feels like it's in a pinch, and I keep getting little stabbing headaches...and Tom's not even at home!! HA!!


Anyway -- I was told that by Thursday or so, I should hear something, so I''m trying to keep myself bizzy. Yesterday Tom & I went to the discount/old-freight business, where there are tons of merchandise that stores either quit carrying, or just have ordered too many of. I found 2 more frames for a total of $13.00 or so -- We looked at Big Lots, but either the frames were over $10, or the frames were beyound ugly..sorta like a bad hangover from the 70's. That would just NOT do, I'm telllin' ya!! Do I was happy to find a couple that paint up really good with a little primer, and now it's the decision of what color to paint the final coat >> Why this is never easy for me is one of The Great Mysteries...you'd think I'd just DECIDE one stuiped color & be done with it!! <<

We went to the Outer Banks on Saturday, but we didn't stay overnight..it was BEAUTIFUL over there -- Sunny, but with a nahsty stinging wind. We scouted out some places that looked like possibilities to stay at later on this winter. The main reason we were over, is 'cause Noah found somebody selling a used chain saw for under $40 !!! AND -- Another person GIVING AWAY FISHING TACKLE!!! WHOA!! So we beat feet over the river and thru the woods to get the stuff...Happily, the chain saw works, noah's been cutting firewood this afternoon, and the tackle, poles and lures and STUFF in the tackle box are all in pretty good condition -- 3 (!!)) fishing poles, mind you, for FREE -- and all the goodies...oh, noah's just one happy guy. And so am I, actually. I REALLY want to go fishing, but there just aren't any fishies in the deep right now that want to be Caught...bums...

Must check on my paint on the frames behind me -- I think these will be a combination of blue and greem...No, wait...maybe Blue and Dark Blue? --- No...wait...how 'bout...uhhhmmm....

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: