Monday, December 01, 2008



Just had to show An' Tell what'z been happening around the studio -- the canvas is W.I.P., and the wonderful piece of furniture is what I brought back from an area thrift store/antique shop/used "Stuff" warehouse. I'm pretty happy with how they both look, an' am Sooo close to getting the canvas ready to frame.

On Saturday, I met the local Art Association President at the nearby Ruitan Club, where some women were showing/selling craft items. Lots of sweet quilts of all different sizes, shapes and styles. Lots of great handmade jewlery, and several different raffle drawings. I happened to stop at one booth where a fine lady was selling an assortment of handmade purses, handbags, and quilted items. She is the one who is the President of the Art Association, and once we got to talking, I just felt an immediate conneciton with her. I'm happy to say that she asked me to bring some of my canvases to the gallery smack dab in the middle of town, hopefully this week. The weekend at the very latest. She wants me to have my pieces available for sale, which I thot was Fabu!! Wow!! What a great bit of the Heavens working for the Good!! I'm now nearly in a panic, trying to get frames finished, an' see what I've got that is framed, ready and sitting on the table in the back of the house, ready to go out the door.

The next thing is to get my new frames painted that I bought at a local discount store. $5.99 for one that can be made into a new color, instead of a dull brown. Must get the Beach Color THANG goin', know what I mean!!??

Must check on some phone calls I'm supossed to be making. My middle son wantz is to help him out with some $$ -- but we've done that for the past couple weeks, an' I have nothing to show for the help. I suggested he come down an' work at one of the restraunts here, but he refused that idea. I also suggested some other day-labor jobs, but he blew that idea away too..soo..wha's a mother to do?? He sez he'll ask a brother for help, but that waz suppsed tp have been done 4 weeks ago...No wonder I'm on the verge of a splitting headache..Ack!

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: