Monday, December 08, 2008


"Untitled" -- 2008 Spring Bay Studio

Whoo hooo!! Finally got this little canvas it's very own home!! I worked with the frame to get the blue on it just enuf so that it doesn't overwhelm the color on the canvas. Tom was pretty suprised at how it came out. 'Course there are a lot of things that suprise that man, but that's a whole other story...

Went to the Mall-Wart yesterday..the original idea was to pick up some mat board an' then grab 10 things in the grocery department. HA!! We only got 1/2 way into trying to FIND the mat board, an' I happened to glance over at Tom...he wasn't exactly sweating bullets, but I could see his eyes were starting to glaze over, and he was looking at all the people acting manic, while grabing things off the shelves for their Christmas Shopping...well, the combination of it all was just too much. I changed my mind about getting groceries, said, "Le's just uhhh.." Where At the same point, Tom sez, "Ok -- lets just get the mat board an' hooks an' stuff an' get outta here!!!" So much for enjoying the Holiday Crowdz...

So - to make matters worse...Tom didn't really look at what was all in the shopping bag when we left the store, an' when we finally got home, he got REALLY irritated, because he realized that he'd left the OTHER bag at the store...We got all the way home w/one frame, and that was all. There was a 2nd bag w/the mat board, some eye hooks, and trail mix for my lunches. No -- Iwill not go into detail how bad it got about the bag being left behind, but suffice to say, that I drove allll the way back to Mall-Wart, found the stuff at the Customer Service window, an' finally got home. 50 some miles to get the things I needed, an' Toms fit to be tied. No tellin' why the check out girl didn't say anything to us about the bag bein' left at the check-out..maybe she was new. But I DID get to drive Tom's new car, and it drives like a dream...'cept I didn't know how to turn on the headlights, so I drove in the dusk w/the running lights on, 'till I was almost home...Good move, eh?

Now I've got to get my last piece ready for it's frame...and get some painting done on another canvas. I also got some paint for the studio -- a very mellow warm yellow -- "Pecan Dream" -- not bright an' all flashy, just a warm color for these poor walls. The wall paper will come down in the next couple days, an' then Bingo -- COLOR for the walls instead of smoke stained wallpaper!! YEEEAAAA!!!

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: