Tuesday, December 02, 2008


Some days there's just too much stuff -- today is one of those days, where too many things are trying to crowd into the work that I want to get finished -- And the things are not FUN at all -- i.e. >> Housecleaning...Blahhh >>>i.e. >> Washing clothes...Blah >>>> i.e. Attempting to organize Tom's stuff..DOUBlE BLAH!!

So, I just decided to toss away all those Ugly Things that need to be finished, and instead am now in the process of painting my frames. 2 down and one to go. Toocool -- found a frame for some of my little bit larger canvases, for the total price of $5.99 -- You best believe I didn't pass that great buy up!! The one shown here on my little work table finally got it's self finished. It seemed to take forEVAH, but it's done. I have the first 2 primer coats on the new frame..I'll show a Before & After tomorrow.

Got a bottle of blue paint that I can't decide what to do with -- I mean, it's wonderful to use in my collages, but I'm afraid that it may be too dark to use on a frame. But if I can dig around out in the shed and find another frame that the previous owner left, then I may use one of those and experiment with it & the dark blue paint. The bottle was in one of the big discount stores, where everything is super CHEAP -- all gleaned from other discount or department stores. It's not Big Lots, an' for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the place. Suffice to say, that there are good buys inside. Matter of fact, when I was in the store last week, I spied a set of 3 glass baking pans, all good quality, for something like $7.99 -- Naturally I didn't have the $$ on me to pick it up, and figured that the collection would be available on the weekend. HA!! What waz I thinking?? Where there had been 8 - 0 - so sets, there were NONE -- talk about feeling like a sharp marble...Tom jus' looked at me an sez, "Well, there'll be more later on.." I'm fuming at my delay in the purchase, an' I mumbling to myself, "You really did it this time, toad..."

The thing is, there probably WILL be more of the collection in the next couple weeks. I'm going to try & remember to have some extra $$ in my billfold JUST IN CASE..

Must go an' get some primer goin' on this frame. It amazed me that I could find something,; but then, I wasn't even LOOKING for frames for my art, I was jus' bee-boppin' along in the store, trying to find cleaning supplies for the week...jeesh..

Lady of The Tulips ~~

No comments: