Monday, December 29, 2008

~~ It's just one of those days where the sun wants to shine, but the clouds go scurrying past, giving the sky a strange glow ~~ Then the clouds all go away, and the sun tries it's best to shine and warm things up.

The temps here have been sooo weird -- today it's struggling to get 50, yesterday it was OVER 75..then last night it rained, poured, the wind blew and it felt like the woods were going to try and jump into the house. We made it thru the stormy weather, and now it's much much cooler, and the temperature is dropping like a rock. I finally broke down and got a fire going in the woodstove, 'cause I realized my fingers were cold, and I kept feeling like I had a drippy nose. WELL -- no wonder!! I looked at our new thermometer and it's reading 66 in the house. Sorry Pal. Tha's just too darn cold for this girl!!


Got a couple projects in the works.. will post shots of 'em tomorrow. I got off to a weird start this morning with a frame I bought over the weekend. I'd just come in the studio to get painting, an' I needed to wash out a paintbrush..so when I went into the kitchen, I'd Just started the kitchen faucet, an' look out the kitchen window in time to see a tow truck pulling up in our driveway!! YIKESS!! The tow truck company I called last week, was already here!! -- even tho the ol' guy said to call him first, then he'd be here to get The Very Fine Automobile!! DOUBLE YIKES!! Thank heavens I get dressed first thing in the morning! So I had to keep Sara away from the dear old man (he looked 70) an' tried to find the right key for the car..yup, it'd been THAT long that I didn't even know where my car key was!! So, off goes my car (bye! Bye!! Miss You!!) an' then I gotta quick fast make sure the car dealer is even OPEN!! -- yup. They are, an' zoom, there goes the work on my car!! yyyyeeeeaaakkkssss...

Then I started for a 2nd time to get a second coat of primer on my frame, an' the dog starts being a %^#3 an' Noah's bellyachin' about somethin' -- the phone's ringin' an' I'm SERIOUSLY thinkin' about going anywhere South..BUT -- I finally get to work on my frame (looks pretty white an' good...) AND ~~ Got a coat of paint PLUS the start of collage -Stuff on another canvas !! Yee gads...no wonder I'm feelin' tired now that it's after 3 p.m.!! I finally broke down an' got a lunch!! ~~ 'cause I realized my stomach was growling!!

I think I need a Vacation...

>> But since tha's not gonna happen, my canvas is lookin' like a Vacation, so in a way, I guess that makes up for no time off for Me!! ZZZippp-a-dee-doo-dah!! -- I can't wait to show off the new canvas!!

But tha's gonna be tomorrow! ~~ Now I gotta go get some E-6000 on some stuff...play aroun' with some more paint...an' hope that when the Dealer calls about my car, it isn't going to make me fall over!!


~~ Lady of The Tulips ~~

2 comments:

turquoise cro said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR Girly!!!to YOU and all YOU love sweetie!

Krystin Clark said...

Happy New Year! Looking forward to all you have to share with us in 2009!

xoxo
Krystin