Friday, December 26, 2008


>> Here's a bit of something I did I think last year -- or maybe the..no, wait. Yeah -- it was last year, for an Art challenge. I considered posting a shot of the cloudy damp and grunky sky that's covering the Sound today, but since Far Too Much of the U.S. is covered is something similiar, I decided to go with a Little More Cheerful Color for the Day <<

And Too --- Here's A Belated Merry Christmas!, to everybody!! I was so wrapped up in getting the dinner, cleaning dishes, gathering things from one end of the house to the other , all day long, that I did't EVEN have time to wish everybody a Merry Christmas!! Our oldest, Dan, was able to come down for the day. He layed on the couch, which seemed fitting for a bachelor!! Gabriel, the middle one, was working, so he was feeling like a Mixed Mess for the day >> Here he hasn't had a job for something like ForEVAH, and when he finally gets something, it's only for ONE day..an' naturally, at a Resort, that day happens to fall on Christmas. Ahh well. At least he gets a little bit of spending money (but that'll only go to pay bills, alas..) and some extra days towards a chance at full time work.

Dan & Gabriel are going to try and come down next weekend for the whole weekend. Gabriel hasn't yet seen our little cabin, and Dan has been so busy with his work, that he hasn't had a chance, 'cept yesterday, to come down for any length of time. Hopefully it'll all work out & they can see the Sound and mess around out in the yard. With the little bit of rain we're getting now, hopefully after the full blown storm comes thru THEN goes off shore, it'll be nice by the end of next week. I keep seeing different things about the weather, so it's almost anybody's guess as to what's gonna happen. And those Weather Guys get PAID to make mistakes...jeesh...

I'm in the middle of a couple Art Projects. Hopefully The Camera will behave for me tomorrow an' I can get a couple shots of what's goin' on over on the little table. I'd gotten a canvas board nearly done with an abstract that looks pretty promising, and now am in the middle of a pretty spiffy collage based on the Shore >> Like that's nothing new..BUT -- this one has a few more little treasures on it, so it should end up all right. The camera has been set on the WRONG setting, that's why some of my pictures have been SO CRAPPY ~~ An' here I thot the poor lil' thing was just on it's last legs..shows what I know! SO ~~ the pictures should get done fairly early, then we have to go take lil' miss sara to the vet -- she has sone kinda lump on her back, and a couple on her belly and side. They don't even REMOTELY bother her, but they bother the livin' #%^#&" outta me, so I'd rather take her in an' be sure of what the things are, than to jus' blow it off.

The Very Fine Automobile is STILL waiting to be fixed. I finally got all the info. I needed to have a local dealer get the right parts for the broken wagon...an' then the Holiday came along, an' I figured, well, tha's ok, I'll get everything set up on Friday. HA!! Where's MY brain today?? HELLO??!! Some people have THE DAY OFF!! -- see, with Tom's job, it is a cold day in H*** that the drivers get a day off, ok, yes they DID get Christmas off, an' an UNPAID day for Christmas Eve (somethin' new & NOT COOL!!) but I figured that the day AFTER christmas, it'd be Business As Usual...Ooopppsssiieeee....down in the little town just "yonder", no, NO -- businesses are NOT open the day AFTER christmas...an' so, with Tears in my Eyes, and Sadness prevailing around me..it was with just an IMMENSE (or however that word is spelled..) PAIN (or just being Pi**ed off..) I had to call BACK to the tow truck company & say...Uhhh...you wanna hold off on towin' my car down Ocean Highway?? HA AGAIN!! -- he ALREADY KNEW the dealer wasn't gonna be open...so he just casually sez. "Wellll..you wanna take care=a this on Monday Mornin'?" Didn't I feel like a sharp marble...

So it's yet ANOTHER week, an' I STILL waiting for my Very Fine Automobile to get fixed...Wwwaaaaiiitttttiiiiinnnngggggg...............

And in the meantime, Tom has come home early from the truck terminal, so I guess it's time to C wha's goin' on..it's one thing after another 'round here..!!

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: