Wednesday, December 10, 2008


Here's a snippet of one of my pieces that's goin' to be juried this week over on main street...this lil' girl is sorta cute -- well I think she is..I've got another picture of her, an' the whole piece somewhere on this blog, but right now I don' remember what day it was that I popped it on here. She is ONE OF MY WORKS..so I don' want no body thinkin' of "Borrowing" it for anything..I'll have to sick Sara on YOU if you do anything with this!!

As for anything else happenind here...I got some work done -- well, STARTED getting done on a frame I discovered at a local thrift store...I was SOO jazzed on finding an unopened frame!! In a thrift store, that I really didn't take a good look at the BACK of the thing..

Well -- HA!! -- the thing had a top coat of some kind of varnish, which is all well and good...but then, once it got sanded down a teeny bit, jus' enuf for me to put some primer on...WELL..whatever the stain/paint is/waz whatever..just keeps bleeding thru the primer..an' with 4 coats of that, plus 2 of a basic white acrylic...I very nearly went out the door...SOO..to top it off...the little prongs that hold on the backing board an' the whole kit & kaboodle?? -- 1/2 of those are MISSING..Sweet. Jus' Sweet.

So, that little frame is sitting out in the laundry room, keeping the spiders company, I guess. OK - the thing WAS only $1.59..so it isn't a lot of CASH. But it's the nature of the thing. You Expect Something. Then it storms on your parade. Or something close to that --

I think I'll check out the local dime store (Do they still call them dime stores??!) this weekend an' see If I can discover anything else that'll work. And too, there are still some things out in the shed..oh boy -- lets jus' hope that all the critters are ASLEEP out there for the winter. I am NOT in the mood to wake up ANYBODY!! --
(collage: Spring Bay Studio 2008)


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: