Wednesday, December 17, 2008

>> This is one of those afternoons, where the weather is trying to make any sane person want to find a way to board the next Space Shuttle, and go float around Earth for 10 days or so <<

Yesterday was rainy/drippy/cloudy and flat out Ugly. The day before was sunny & decent, then it just all went to %^#^ in a handbasket. We got the woodstove going by 4:00 in the afternoon yesterday, and watched the thermometer fall like a bucket into a well. Today started off chilly, and the temperature took off into the outer limits. It's somewhere over 60 degrees, and now more clouds are skirting the skyline. My poor little puppy...well..ok, our Large and Overweight Dog is just beisde herself..she's laying on the floor, within eyeshot of the backdoor. Which is open, so the dog has an opportunity to see the backyard thru the stormdoor. I think I'm sweating while sitting at the computer, and have had to take my 2 pairs of socks off, 'cause it seemed sortra weird to be wearing 2 pairs when the gauge behind me on the old dresser that sez "TEMPERATURE" is reading 70 !!! I'm scared the weather is going to drop into something like the 20's, we'll have heavy frost/freeze warnings, The Dog will want to do something crazy, like say, go jump in the river and swim toward the Outer Banks. Weird Weather makes animals and humans do crazy things.

I've got GOOD NEWS!! ~~ On the Art Front!! ~~ 2 of my pieces have been accepted over at the Art Gallery in town!! WHOO HOOO!! ~~ The woman reading the information to me didn't say which one was rejected, only that it"Didn't fit the standard of the frame", so I'm not sure A) what that means, and B) just which piece had an "Issue" with it's frame. Did the piece have a fight with it's frame after I dropped it off? Did The canvas decide that it wanted to come back home to it's little cabin, and never want to see "Downtown" again?? Shwoo..these things keep me awake at night..

But actually, I'll go see which one needs to be fixed on Saturday. Today I spent something like an hour & a half talking with the Service Department over at the local Ford dealer...we have finally found somebody that can repair the Very Fine Automobile!! And the cost, well, the Estimate for Repair is about $300 less than where we used to live, so THAT'S a plus. Now we just have to switch some funds in the bank from one account to another, then get the logistics worked out on how to get the dead car from our driveway over to the car dealer. It's gonna take a couple more phone calls, but once it's all said & done, I'll be able to drive my Wagon for the first time in over a year....an' won't it be NICE!!

Must go & check the woodstove..the weather is Doing Something Again..I can hear the wind moving a little quicker in the pines...an' it was starting to look kinda nasty over on the water...hmmm...this may not be good...

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: