Thursday, December 04, 2008




Have something of an "Before, After and Now" goin' on here -- the 3 shots are of the frame I bought over the weekend @the discount store up the highway -- the original color was much, much too dark for my tastes, so I added a nice coat of primer, a clean white, and then got going with the final coat of Blue -- I think it's Cobalt Blue. Whatever the name, it seems to make the frame look pretty spiffy, if I don't mind saying so myself.

And on to the homefront -- yesterday morning, at the really wonderful hour of 3:45, our little miss ray of sunshine, decided that when she went out to do her business, she had to somehow find the bag of trash, loaded to the gills with the leftover bones from our turkey dinner. Oh Joy. So -- since Tom or noah decided that the bag couldn't go in the TRASH CAN like it should, the dog took advantage of the situation, dug aroun' a bit, found the bones, and was happily chewing away on some, when something told me to look outside & see what she was up to. What she was up to, was No Good!! Little Brat!! I got her in the house, but she came inside the laundry room, still clamping a batch of bones in her mouth...I tried to pry her mouth open, and get the bones out, she just clamped down harder...Finally Tom realized there was Something Amiss in the laundry room; came over an' promptly pried the dogs mouth open, and pulled out a HUGE turkey bone...I don' even KNOW what bone it was, all I know if that it was thrown into the laundry sink, and the Dog got yelled at A LOT!!

Now -- about 4 hours later, maybe a little longer, Noah had let The Dog back outside for her little investigation of the yard...an' sure enuf, she hauls off and finds some MORE of the bones that Tom didn't clean up when he picked up the bag of trash to throw SOMEWHERE ELSE earlier in the morning....that dog has a nose on her that would make Scotland Yard happy...So, once again, I had to get bones from her jaws, successfully this time...an' kept a running RANT at her for the next, oh, 5 hours.."SHAME ON YOU!!! TRASH DOG!! AAHHHKKK!!" She got the idea...kept slinking away from me once we made eye contact...Don't know where the bag of trash is now, but she is Keeping Away from it for the duration. Or 'till tomorrow when we go to the hardware store & buy a trashcan with a closing lid. No wonder I feel more batches of grey popping up on my head...

Must go and take my blood pressure medicine...for some reason I"m feeling woozy...

Lady of The Tulips ~~

2 comments:

turquoise cro said...

LOL Phew! I hate to giggle but your doggie story is funny! Poor thing! It's just her nature to want that kind of thing, bones and all! I quit throwing bones out because Butchie, the neighbor's cat got choked on some! Good Luck! with the rest of those bones! tee hee ps. Thanks for the prayers doll! I still need them! I feel a lot better than I did though! Phew and the blue frame looks groovy!

LadyTulip said...

>> Thanx!! <<

When Tom & I got back from the grocery store yesterday, somebody's cat was messin' around in our trash!! The bones had been thrown out, tho, thank heavens!!

Gotta keep my eyes peeled for these lil' critters!!

L.
P.S. -- Am SOO glad your feelin' better!!!