Monday, February 09, 2009


" Escape The Ordinary" ~~ Spring Bay Studio 2009


This is one of the canvases I worked out not too long ago..it had a couple spots that I left open for papers and other goodies. Finally I got the piece back out of it's folder, and finished it one afternoon last week. Tom even said it was ok -- which for him is saying a lot. Soom of the fabrics make me want to take up Sailing Classes. But the last time I was on a sail boat, I nearly got rammed into a dock..had an elderly man yell at me & my friend (who was the one actually sailing the boat..I was clinging on for dear life...) while we zipped past his boat. All in All not a day to really remember fondly. 'Cept that at least the elderly man didn't call my parents an' yell at them, too.

I have another canvas I'll post tomorrow. Today I'm just kinda recuperating from yet another StUiped Ear Infection. It drives me crazy that I suddenly am getting ThEse things..the Dr. I saw yesterday was very nice, an actually had worked at my regular Dr's office some time ago. How weird iz that? ~~ Tom took me up to Va., to one of the Day-Clinics -- they have some KiNd of name.."Now Care" or some such thing. The good thing is they are open on weekends, the Ins. we have does cover the office visit, and I'm able to get medications at the clinic for whatever ails me. That was a big relief. And we only waited 'bout an hour. Woah! That doesn't even happen at my regular Dr. office!

I've got some mat board drying on my table, and I'll pop a canvas that I worked out last year into the mat board an' a frame. I posted the frame the other day. OHH!! ** AnD -- I have an appointment this Saturday at a shop over on the Outer Banks!! -- the owner wants me to bring some of my work for her to look at. She said it doesn't matter how many, just a batch so she can tell if there something that would sell or not. I am optimistic, and have moved and altered my Dream Board to Direct my energy into the new endeavor.

~~ The pieces I had over at the Gallery in town were given back to me ~~ I have no idea why -- the pieces I had for the Exhibit on Mixed Media I CAN understand..the show was over an' so that's that. But what I WASN'T expecting - was to have my other pieces added to them to be taken home. And they were all sitting on the floor in a little pile. No explaination. No note. No "Thanx for having these here." -- Nothing. I was too stunned to say anything -- I felt like crying hysterically, but the gallery was in the middle of some Something, and there were people all over the place. The lady who looked in some Official Looking Notebook just said, "Oh yes..here's your things."" -- an' walked away with a somewhat disgusted look on her face. I don't know why all my things were given back to me. No Nothing.

So I'm wondering just what to do now. My self esteem is somewhat shattered, and maybe taking some work over to the Outer Banks may be a bad idea. But I just have been getting this voice telling me "Outer Banks" -- so that's what I'm going to do. I told tom that it'd be nice if somebody from the Art League would have told me something. But hearing no word on having my work taken out of the gallery is just not something I'm happy about. ??? that's all I'm left with. And since it's a Very Small town, I don't want to call up and yell, romp, stomp, scream and Make A Scene, so I'm just sorta left with an empty feeling.

That being said -- I'm still working on My ART ~~ Not matter what. The day is absolutely Beautiful, an' so for a little while (while my mat board dries) I'm going to go sit on the deck an' look at our trees. Maybe that'll make me feel better...

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: