Thursday, February 19, 2009



Here's a peek at what I've been doing the past couple dyas ~

The painted canvas has some tissue, some layers of paint, an' then I put on the little tidbits to keep the whole Island theme goin' ~~

The project isn't done yet, as I'm gettin' some more things added on.then some more paint will Also be added..probably some other Thangs..wh0 knows..It's been the one project that just does NOT want to Behave Itself..I lost track of how many papers I've layed out on that #@?>&<* canvas..then taken the things OFF -- then added something else BACK ON..I'm just glad I didnt try to throw the thing out the window..I was REEEAAALLLLLYYYY close to doin' just that...but then I realized that the temperature outside was a Balmy 35 Degrees, so havin' the Window Broken Out just didn't seem to make much sense..Well -- not that it ever really DOES..but especially when it's a wonderful 35 degreez...

I've been sewing some things, too -- another blouse is nearly ready for some topstitching..an apron has it's pockets stitched on, and the bottom seams are pinned. I'm takin' a break at the moment from all of those little things. I've also got another canvas in the works..some additional paint will be applied this afternoon..I'd thot about doin' that yesterday, but with the 2 sewing projects, an' then Tom coming home 5 hours early..well, that just threw everything to @"^}( in a Handbasket..

The Ports are in a Pain Mode these dayz...there just isn't that much freight comin' in right now..Slow is not the word, so Tom's boss has had to adjust everybodys schedule with a very clever hand. When everybody needs 40 hours, but something Clever like the freight train loaded with containers doesn't arrive in time..then there's no work. All the containers are sitting Somewhere Else..not where they should be..leaving all the 30 drivers with nothing to do, but go back home at 11:00 in the morning...Yup -- only 4 hours of work, an' nothin' to show for it. Makes for an Exciting Time,donchya think?? Sucks. That 's what it does. Just Sucks. An' all because of this Economic Slowdown...I've got some other Descriptive Phrases for the Mess, but I'll be polite and not write them here...

~~ Must go an' check on some Work...the temps are Better today outside..I'm only wearing a t-shirt under my sweatshirt today (!!) ~~ Usually I'm wearin' a long sleeve turtleneck under a sweater, with an additional sweater over THOSE...then 2 pairs of socks..an' sweatpants coverin' up me lil' legs...I look like I've gained 45 poundz..but it's all these layers that are keeping me warm...Tom sez he' got anothername for it...

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: