Tuesday, February 17, 2009

>> Here's just a quick note for the day <<

I've got a couple pieces of paper that I've FINALLY figured out how to layout on a canvas -- actually it's the one that I posted on here last week. There are a couple other goodies that have to get set-up with some E-6000, then the piece will be ready to make it's debut!! Shwoo -- I have battled and battled with this one canvas for over a week. I've NO idea of what the $^#&**& problem has been with IT and ME -- wasn't there a full moon last week?! No ...maybe that was the week before. LOOK -- I'm TRYING to make some excuse as to WHY I can't seem to just plop some papers and paint together in less than 2 hours and have a FABULOUS collage just TAA-DAA..appear !! It's just one of those things. Yeah. That's what it iz.

~~ On to the Story of The Weekend ~~

Tom & I made it over to the shop @the Outer Banks...got to talk with the owner and had a great time discussing this and that. But as for having my Work on Sale...well, it's not good enuf. "There's a fine line between Crafts and Art..." -- uhh ohhh...So my "Art" isn't really Art in here eyes..it's sorta like something you'd see on sale at the Elementary School Yearly Fun Class. Construction paper and white glue. Cut outs of Trees and Birds. That kind of thing..And she sez, "Don't get me wrong!! I like your work..." -- SO WHAT THE $^^*$"$*)"%$"@$*"???? I'm thinking..

The Economy...

Poor Sales with Other Craft Items...

Other Painters Getting Axed, too...

Oil Paintings getting pulled off the shelves...

>> So I'm not the only one getting thrown out the window. The owner didn't know how she was gonna tell some of her longtime artists that she was gonna have to dump them, too.

~~ So in a way I'm not suprised...but it still really sank in yesterday, and totally Sucked. I hate that the last couple places that I've tried to have my Art 0n sale for, just totally kicked me in the face. As if I haven't had enuf of that in the last year...sheesh...

So in the meantime, I'm just revamping some of the canvases I've got done..sorta adding to them and making some more color choices with paint. Adding some extra tidbits to canvases I've been working on this last week. Adding here & there. Anything to make them Better Than Ever...and getting worn out in the process. I HAVE to stay optimistic, tho. I wrote last week that I was going to stay in the CALM mode..keep myself from getting too stressed out..keeping myself from going to the Dr's office more than I need to. Those kind of things.

And it seems to have begun to work -- I mean, I've come up with a couple extras on one canvas that I totally wasn't expecting...got some papers cut that I never would have thot about...adding them with some touches of paint, that totally changed a collage. Positive. Positive. That's what I have to feed on for Now...

~~Must go and get other papers cut..check on the woodstove. We're in a "Heat Wave" -- it's over 45 outside an' I'm just about beside myself.. Well, almost. I think actually I'm just gonna go sit in the sun that's coming into the laundry room an' sorta soak it up... Works for me...

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: