Wednesday, February 11, 2009

>> Just a quick note to say I'm working on a couple projects today <<

This morning was spent sewing up some sleeves for a peasant blouse..got them attached to the front & back of the blouse. Then I worked on some tissue papers, trying to get just the right shade of blues ~~ It seemed that no matter how hard I tried, I just could not get them to look the way I wanted them to. So, I did a compromise. Got some tissue paper painted one shade of blue, then after attaching pieces of that to a canvas board, I then added another shade of a paler turquoise blue. Then, watering it down a few more times, I then added plain white to the top of the canvas board. It's drying now, and in theory I'll post it tomorrow.

>>I think I said I'd post a picture of another project I did this last week...yesterday. But my pea brain can't remember what it was, or which canvas it was...or much else. Some days my brain just doesn't want to work correctly, and it drives me crazy. << I also had been worried about a friend of mine who lives in Arkansas. She is fine, and after all the terrible weather thru Oklahoma and Ark., she has the good fortune of not having any severe weather near her mobile home. How great is That??!! Shwoo..it really had me concerned. I've also tried to contact another friend who lives in Mo., but haven't gotten an answer on their phone yet...that's making me a little concerned, as they too, have had some severe weather...my fingers (and maybe toes) are crossed, that they have come thru the severe stuff ok.

Must go and check on some goodies in the kitchen. I may regret it, but I asked Tom if he & noah would pick up something for dinner tonight and tomorrow night, on their way home from work today. Last time it was a salad from Mickey D's...it tasted wonderful, but there must have been something amiss, as I woke up in the middle of the night, with some bAddd problems...hopefully there won't be a repeat tonight!

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: