Wednesday, February 25, 2009


>> "Paradise" <<

Here's the albeit blurry, but finished piece that I'd mentioned yesterday..or the day before..my lil' brain can't remember too good these days.

I've been trying to get the pictures NOT to come out blurry with my camera, but the one person who knows how to make it all better hasn't talked to me in a couple weeks, so I don't know how to make the shots look better. I DO APOLIGIZE for the grubby look these have...

There isn't too much else goin' on these days around here...I'm debating on whether or not to construct a cold frame outside, so I can start some of the lettuces and salad greens that I need to eat everyday. Tom sez yes, go ahead and build it (Notice HE didn't say HE'D build it, he just said ok on the project...) and at the same time, Noah sez NO!! -- don't do something like that. I'm so frustrated, I feel like a cat out on the porch with a bunch of people sittin' in rockin' chairs...can't tell which way to turn. So, even tho we have all the materials to build a cold frame -- FREE STUFF -- I've got no idea of how to start building anything. So, I may end up with a couple of broken fingers, BUT BY GOLLY, I'll end up with a cold frame for the garden come hell or highwater...

We also have some other FREE STUFF out in the shed...I discovered a couple frames that were sitting in a box along one of the walls -- I guess the dear older lady who lived here had bought them, but decided that she wasn't going to use them. It makes me sad that her disease robbed her of the opportunity to continue her art...The family didn't want anything to do with her things, so to the dump everything went. 'Cept the frames and some odds and ends buried in the shed. So, the FREE STUFF is now gettin' a look-see, and I should be done with repainting the frames in a couple dayz. That's the plan for now.

Must go an' see what the woodstove is doin' -- noah started a fire earlier this morning, but it's been awhile since it got some wood added. My fingers are pretty cold so that tells me that the fire may have gone out. Hmm..

Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

turquoise cro said...

Your artwork is making me homesick for the beach soOOOOOo Good job!!!I love the turquoise! hehe
My friend wants me to come over to seeeeeee her gardening things to keep the animals out, I bet this is one of them, the cold frame???!! I know she said something about chicken wire! Dang groudhogs, bunnies, and deer!!! We just want some cherry tomatoes and peppers!! She has broccoli coming up already! I think she has a bunch of seeds started in the house!

LadyTulip said...

>> Ohhh..those lil' critters are soo bad!! <<

YES -- More Vege Seeds!! -- Let's hear it for SPRING!!

L