Thursday, February 12, 2009


W.I.P. -- Spring Bay Studio -- 2009

Here's the canvas I'd mentioned yesterday..or maybe the day before -- The colors haven't all been applied, so there is still some extra paint going to be added this afternoon. I think the blues have blended pretty well, so adding the papers won't be such a struggle. Sometimes the shades make me slow down even more, and give me some calm.


I've been thinking about Calm for the past couple days -- ever since I finally relented and accepted the fact that I must have medication to maintain my heart rate, it's given me a bit more perspective into how I need to release any pent up feelings of anger, stress, conversations that went nowhere. All the things that are weighing me down -- they have to be released to the wind, given a flight somewhere far, far away. In turn, I need to give myself some rest when yes, I do feel tired. And yes, I do need to stop the conversations that I feel burning up my memory, making me angry, or feel pain, or feel anything else but positive. Yes, it is turning toward the place where I need to be, in order to direct my full energy into my Art. The serene has to be completely enveloped around me, so that the stress and other related negative energy can be removed.

My goal is to allow the Art to remove the Negative, and in the following days, accept any Positive that will replace what has been weighing me down ~~ Giving me too much that is not where I need to be. So, the colors will remain within me, allowing me some freedom.

~~ I'm hoping that the freedom for being myself will transfer it's energy to you today ~~

Lady of The Tulips

3 comments:

Sharon P Pope said...

Good post, Tulip. You could be giving me a pep talk. I have some of these problems about letting go too, and my bp medicine has something in it to slow my heart down. I've had to learn to rest when I need to and not worry about what I "should be doing". Take care of yourself. There's only one of you and you're a good egg! :)

Beautiful blues, by the way.

PennyBlue said...

Love the color LT! Yes, I could use some calm myself. Maybe more art is needed - just cant get into it lately. Happy belated Vday! Hope it's a month full of love...and calm!

LadyTulip said...

>>Thank You!!<< Both of you!!

Sharon, TELL me 'bout the bp medz -- I've made the discovery that they can REALLY knock me down..can't bounce 'round like I used to!! ACK!! But that's where the Calm -Ness has to take over!!

An' thanks to You BLuejude!! -- Glad You like my Bluezzz..I'm tryin' to incorporate more of those shades Everywhere!!

Hugzz-- L.