Wednesday, September 16, 2009


Before he went out on the road for a weeks vacation (must be nice..) our oldest took this shot of the dining room/kitchen just before he went back up to the city.

He was experimenting with the camera, and wanted to know if he could borrow it for his trip - he said it didn't take pictures good enuf for what he wanted, so he left on his sourjourn anyway. I guess he got a camera for his-own self, so we shall see what he comes home with.

>> Actually he's gone on a pretty neat trip -- got it all planned out -- go to the play-off games of the East Coast Minor League Baseball teams -- then see who ends up playing in the final championship game. Not a bad idea, an' he's going to see if he can make it to about 4 games in the time he has. He'd gone on a similar trip a couple years ago with noah, and they camped the whole time, up and down the East Coast, with some stops here and there to check out baseball parks, tourist places related to baseball, and some other places, like great buffet restraunts where they could stuff their faces!! Growing Boys gotta eat!! <<

~~ So today I'm waiting for my latest canvas to dry -- just got it finished this morning, and now am twiddling my fingers -- I'm not that good at waiting, but with some pieces glued on the canvas, I'm leary of touching the piece, an' watching one of the glued thangs go flying off...ACK!! .... so I'll try to do the Waiting For Things To Dry deal...sigh ~~

We are seeing more and more geese flying due south these days -- some of the woodpeckers are flying around the Sound as well, and they seem to be all bent to get somewhere. I've also started to see some of the vultures make their comeback to the woods -- they were gone almost all summer, but now their making their presence known -- big groups of them congregate in the tallest pine trees, 5 - 6 of 'em, all making their weird noises, an' they are So Big!! Those poor pine trees, I've no idea how the things can hold up those big ol' birds!!

So the cabin is settling into Fall -- our woods are changing color ever so subtly, and the nighttime temperatures are getting cool now. Wow. And not even a month ago it was absolutely blistering hot. Goes to show ya...

Must get a sheet of foamcore cut -- and do some investigating of the tv -- should be a baseball game on this afternoon!!


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

turquoise cro said...

Wish I could go on a road trip!!! My camera bit the dust last week soOOOOOo I've got to finally use the new camera Gina gave me I think 3 or more years ago!!! It's probably outdated by now but it probably is better than my old one ever was but my pc is soOOOOOo old and slow, I hated to put or download anything else~~and I hate to think about getting a new pc but```````I'll be trying to get the new camera ready but who has the time to read and figure out stuff! UG! It's got me stewing just a bit! SoooooOOOOOoo yes, I wish I was on a road trip too!!!! hehe Happy Wednesday sweetie!!!

LadyTulip said...

Ohh, you have no idea of how I'd love to do a road trip!! The more our oldest talked about his trip, the more I wanted to GO somewhere!!

Thanx for your kind thots!! -- An' Good Luck with the new camera!!