Friday, September 11, 2009


Ahhh..here is a shot of the workday not too terribly long ago, where The Husband got himself under the sink...got the plumbing all set --shut Off, and proceeded to take off the old fixture, dismantle whatever was lurking under the sink, then let Noah have a go at tearing out the old, musty cabinet and that weird long extension-thingie.

All in all, it only took about 2 hours (!!) for all the work to get done..but I just HAD to get a picture of You-Know-Who under that little bitty sink!! He actually didn't make as much noise as I thot he would. He does have a tendancy to make Lots of Noise when dismantling things. So I'm quite pleased that he just did his job with the least amount of Quacking!!

Now I have to get a shot of the very cute little cabinet and new sink, with this existing faucet set just right on top of it. Very small, but this bathroom is small, so the dimensions fit just peachy. Now I've been on the hunt for something to set all my baskets, odds and ends and THANGS on, so they have a Very Specific Place. The clever trick is to get something that won't be affected by the moisture in the bathroom. The original builders of the cabin didn't put a window on the outer wall, so it gets pretty damp in the room. But I've looked at a couple different options, and now it's the DecisionMakingTime...And -- the best thing, is that there will be no attaching, building or any such thing...I'm on a thing for a standing shelf unit. Found one, too!! Now it's talking The Husband into buying said shelf unit.....

It's just taking a little while...

I'll tell ya about it later...


Meanwhile!! -- Tom has a Dr. appt. early..I mean EARLY in the morning, so for me to get some ART supplies, that means that I have to get up with him..an' get out onto Ocean Highway before the farmers get to their fields. Well, maybe not THAT early, but it's gonna be before 8 a.m. -- for ME that's like, the crack of dawn. But we'll combine 2 things at once...I sit with him in the Dr. office while he waits to find out his blood pressure (it should be low still..) an' then we go to Dunkin Donuts for a lite lunch (a sandwich an' naturally some coffee) an' then on to the Art Store. I've made a list of some paint colors Needed! -- An' I'll also look at some papers that are supposed to be on sale. Who can resist all those yummy colors and patterns?! They are such eye candy!!

So for now I must go and make sure some ink is dry on me little work table...an' get to painting Something New...

You'll see tomorrow when we get back from The Big City..


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

turquoise cro said...

Yayyyyyy! for hubby and Noah doing all the work! I have to call my cous soon to help Jer with some outside steps and I kind of don't like someone else here for days! hehe I was thinking those stackable plastic drawer do-hickies but a shelf unit would work too! Good Luck in talking the hubby into it! Help! I have a stray cat and since I'm highly allergic, I'm hoping it goes across the street to my neighbor, who has 9 or more!!! AH-CHOOOO!

LadyTulip said...

Oh No!! Allergyieess!! Yuk for you. Maybe the neighbor will show some sweetness and take in the kittie!!Let's hope!!

Still workin' on convincing The Husband on the shelf unit...he's so indecisive!!

L.