Friday, September 25, 2009

Welll, I WAZ going to download a picture of the new bathroom cabinet we bought, but for some reason, the picture wouldn't download, so you'll have to take my word for it -- it really is a nice cabinet!! Oak - solid wood, and nearly a steal at less than $90!! I'm still looking for some type of storage unit - shelf unit for the space next to the cabinet, but so far the only things I've found look like they should be in somebody's garage. Nothing wrong with a nice storage unit in ones garage, but that type of steel Thing in the bathroom just doesn't cut in for me.

I'm still missin' my little buddy out on the deck..I'm still so used to lookin' out the door an' seein' him all curled up asleep on the deck chair, that it nearly takes my breath away when I suddenly realize that he's gone. Tom is still ripping mad over the fact that somebody was in such a hurry monday morning that they couldn't slow down long enuf to avoid hitting the cat..uurrgghhh...

But life goes on, and I'v been working like a Mad Woman all this week, trying to get at least 4 if not 5 pieces all wrapped up -- GoodNews!! -- I've been selected to join in the New Shop up in the City!! Yay!! -- Went up to talk with the owner of the Beach-Themed place last weekend, but the owner was in her new store, painting and fixing things up -- Seems the original store had something of a disaster just at the start of the summer -- A drunk driver was being chased by the police, and at what was estimated to be 95 miles an hour, took the corner where the shop sits, and missed the turn, and slammed into the front of the building, completely demolishing the exterior corner (where the front door & custom painting's are --uh, were) of the building. So, once the dust all cleared, the owner took to cleaning, repainting, getting items all taken out, then put back in again. Took 2 months, and nearly lost the summer season, but they made it -- reopened, and then had the owner - manager of the building tell them that he was raising their rent by $500 a month.

Is it any wonder that Bankers are not thought of in exactly glowing terms these days?

Fortunately, the owner of the store, found another space, where ironically I'd had some art/craft items a few years ago -- that store closed, and some others had taken the space -- now they've left, and the owner of this current store has taken the lease -- SHWOO -- lottsa stuff!! -- but now the space is wide open for new art!! -- And with that, I've been asked to bring some of my mermaids, fish-iees and All Things Beach to the store. I'm going to get into the space, and see where I'm going to have my stuff hanging - tomorrow - and then we'll go from there. The store where I've been selling my art -- well, that owner is going to give me back the art that hasn't sold, and I'm supossed to finally get my check from her for the things that have sold. It isn't that I'm angry with her, it's just that for the amount of work that I pour into each piece, plus the drive up there..well, I'd like to make more than the $4.00 and $6.00 I've made on each piece currently.

Not being greedy, but...the work is worth just a teeny bit more than $4.00 each.

So, I've completed 3 new pieces, got a couple new frames all painted out, and now have to finish a 4th piece this morning, and get it all packed up for tomorrow. Tom is driving me up to the city, and he's actually pretty excited about the day!! -- Well, either that, or since it's his birthday, he just wants to spend my hard earned check on something for himself!! Ha!!

And I'm completely exhausted!! -- I've been goin' like crazy, haven't slept much, 'cause my brain keeps thinking of all kinds of ways to decorate the space I'm going to have...even tho I haven't even SEEN the space yet...gads...

So, It's all in the final turn now, and I can kind of relax today --

Oh, and did I mention, that in the middle of all this, noah decided that it was time to haul off and paint out the closet in the studio? -- And tear out all the things, storage baskets, frames, etc., that were stored in there??? -- And make lots of noise, NOISE in the mean time????

And he's at it this morning in the master bedroom tearing apart my closet in there, too...

Not that I don't appreciate the work. No, I'm really glad he's doing the work.

It's just not the time for said work to be done...

Making my nerves rattle even more than they need to...

So I'm off to have a good strong cup of Trucker Coffee -- Tom refuses to make coffee anything less than Extra Strength..good for Over The Road truck drivers..
Think that's why my nerves are a little edgy this morning??

Ha!!


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: