Thursday, September 17, 2009


So, yeah the picture is a little blurry..ok, it's pretty darn blurry, but noah ran outside the other morning while he was working on the front porch, then came in the studio, grabbed the camera, trotted back to the front porch, and took this picture. Didn't tell me word One about whyy he was taking the camera, but this is what he discovered...

I am so glad we have these wonderful Praying Mantises!! -- They are nearly one of the most perfect insects to have in and around a garden!! -- They eat all those terrible bugs, slugs and Horrid Things that ruin all the hard work you do in the garden, with a blink of an eye. We used to have a gazillion of these little critters in our garden in the city, and one evening when I was watering a pretty big marigold, out popped a praying mantis, all irritated, wet and stomping around on the leaves of the flower like it was just looking to make all the water STOP. I nearly apologized to the thing...sheesh..

So now there is a good explaination why some of the creepy bugs have been disappearing..so this bug should have, like, it's own house or something. Wait. I think they do have some kind of place where they live..nest? Uhmm..something like that. So we are grateful for the small things -- like these in the garden!!

And on to ART things -- talked to another shop owner this afternoon -- had talked with her some years ago, actually not too long before I had my mini-stroke, an' she had wanted me to show some of my art in her store back then. But Other Things happened, then we moved, yadda, yadda, yadda -- SO -- now she's moving into an even Bigger store, an' has asked me to bring some of my pieces to show her this weekend. YAY!! -- I am trying not to get excited/I'm excited, and am pretty scared all at the same time. The irony is -- the place where this woman is relocating - is also a place where I had tried to sell some handmade greeting cards some years ago...think I sold 3 or something...but the owner of the shop didn't want to keep cards in her space, so I had to go -- sorta like last hired, first fired kinda thing. So -- Hopefully now it's gonna be a far better story than back 4 years ago!! Keep me in your prayers!! -- I can use all the Positive out there!!

And for now, I gotta get working -- some new stuff over on the table..still have to cut some foamcore -- gotta frame that's an odd size, so the canvas I bought naturally doesnt fit the frame...cute. Advice To All Out There -- TAKE MEASUREMENTS!! whenever possible!! -- I looked at the frame w/The Husband, and didn't bother to make sure my sheet that is exactly 9 x 12 was in my purse, that I use to make sure the frame will fit my canvases...Dumb A****!! So this is My Word To The Wise!!


>>Lady ofThe Tulips <<

No comments: