Wednesday, September 02, 2009


Most of the daylilies are thru blooming for the season, but there are a few that are holding on for dear life, still blooming their little heads off. These are just one of the batch around the yard that are defying the odds of Fall Approaching, and are still blooming. So, Take That Fall!!

And on the other hand there are signs that the weather and calendar are against All Things Fall -- Later this week we are to have HEAT again..with those wild and wicked humidity readings that make everything in the house wilt and fall over. But not our couch, 'cause it is a rather imposing item, so it refuses to wilt.

But the things outside are holding on and trying to keep their summer identity. Some are doing just fine, not just these flowers, but on some of the bushes -- Rose of Sharon for instance, there are blooms too -- I still haven't gotten around to posting pictures of those - but I'll try to get out there in a little while. We are also watching some of the geese around the neighborhood, strutting themselves around the edge of the rivers..looking like they firmly believe they own the place (whichever place they happen to be standing on..) -- and looking too, for all the world like there will be no Fall, let alone Winter. But alas, it is creeping up on us, and there are some of the older geese that have started forming their little spiffy V's -- swooping and flying around the area as if they are in some kind of Blue Angels Demonstration. "Look Mommy!! They ca fly sideways!!" --

Well -- so on the Art Front -- I took some pieces up to the shop this last weekend, and they aren't priced too high, so I'm hoping to have those sold by the end of the month -- It is already September, so that isn't getting too rediculously greedy now, is it? -- The owner of the shop called me yesterday to say that some of the pieces aren't going to get priced as much as she had first said, so that put me in something of a funk yesterday afternoon. I sorta moped around, kicked things in the studio, made the kitchen clean and tidy with a WHOOSH of cleaning. Got out some tomatoes and made them into a decent batch of stewed tomatoes for Spanish Rice.

Then finally calmed down. There isn't much to do when the Economy is rotten, and people are afraid of spending on much of anything these days, so the fact that some of my pieces are even being sold is saying something!! -- The only bad part of yesterday, was when Noah needed me to help him put up a small cabinent..'k, not only did I spell that wrong, but holding the stuiped thing up on the wall, while noah measured, remeasured, took his time checking if the thing was even on the wall. -- ALL WHILE I'M HOLDING IT UP ON THE WALL...

And to top it off, some masking tape that was on the side of the cabinent stuck to my hand in a big ol' blob, and it didn't come off...so there I am, holding this THING on the wall, big globsof painters masking tape all over my right hand, and my arms are starting to shake from holdingthe THING on the wall...

"Can you hold it steady so I can mark the holes for the woodscrews?

"I'm TRYING TO!!"

Somehow the little thing got put up - my arms have recuperated - and the laundryroom sink that was between me, the wall, and the cabinent is doing just fine...

Oh, and by the way, did I mention that Tom had some of his dirty sneakers on the floor under the laundryroom sink..so I had to keep kicking them out of my way, so I could sorta/kinda stand close to the wall and hold up Said Item? --

Oh, go ahead and stare at my grey hairs...

> I'm off to mess with some new canvases I got in the mail yesterday<<


Lady of The Tulips

3 comments:

turquoise cro said...

Hey Girly!!! Congrats! on selling your artwork!!! I'd LOVE to walk in that shop and see Lady Tulip's art!! WOOT! Hey! Did YOU ever see that woman who had a shop in VA. Beach and she had a parrot in there with her. She was in a wheelchair and had this shop for years! I HOPE YOU know who I mean!

turquoise cro said...

Yayyyyyy! for the daylillies too!

LadyTulip said...

Thank You!! -- Gee, I'm not sure 'bout the lady & her shop at the Beach. She soundz so cool tho - wish I knew who she waz-- I'll have to ask one of my sons if they know her!!

Uoohhh--an what about those daylilies, huh??!! Wow!! They amaze me!!

L.